• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

So much for Cruise Nights

seneca

Reaction score
Elon Musk announced that in 20 years cars will no longer have steering wheels because they will be self driving and won't need them. I guess that kinda spells doomsday for clutches, manual trannys, Sure Grip, etc, etc., eh?
According to the insurance company's actuarial tables, I won't be around in 2037 anyway so I guess it doesn't matter for me. And, of course, Mr. Musk's Boring Machine ( which was to have started boring in January ) hasn't gone anywhere yet except around the property he owns so maybe his guess is all wrong on the cars too. Hope so.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Won't be happening anytime soon in Australia they cant overcome the Kangaroo factor ,I have seen a large red
jump out of the bush landing on the hood while doing 65 mph and end up in the rear seat.
Also 2 hit me in the passenger side & rolled down the side sending the car into a side wards slide without the steering to correct it we would have been toast (new hire car with 75 miles on the clock)

seneca

Reaction score
Won't be happening anytime soon in Australia they cant overcome the Kangaroo factor ,I have seen a large red
jump out of the bush landing on the hood while doing 65 mph and end up in the rear seat.
Also 2 hit me in the passenger side & rolled down the side sending the car into a side wards slide without the steering to correct it we would have been toast (new hire car with 75 miles on the clock)

Very interesting! Never thought about Kangaroos as a driving hazard. Tell me; what is a " red " ?

AUSTA

Reaction score
A big red is the largest of all kangaroos you hit one usually takes out the front end they have grown to 7.5 foot & can weigh 150 lbs if you upset them they will grab with their front legs and try to kick your stomach out or if near water they will try to drown their victim
BIG RED.jpg

Red-Kangaroos1-RRJun2012-479x313.jpg

seneca

Reaction score
Dang, there goes my mental image of a cuddly kangaroo!! This one in the picture ( with the crushed water tub and an obvious attitude problem ) looks like something the Detroit Lions could use in their backfield.

Back