• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

67990106381__01FBDA48-0DDC-40CB-83E9-522DF7F62641.jpg

With a very sad heart

Latest update on our '70 Challenger

General Description

My son and I worked periodically after her death on my late wife's original owner 318 Challenger. We basically stripped it down to the body and performed a fairly comprehensive restomod on it. All the surface rust was dealt with, inside and out. We installed a Gear Vendor over/under drive, converted to 4 wheel disc, changed the rear end from 276(?) single wheel drive to 3:70 limited slip. The Hotchkiss TVS with the recommended Fox shocks was installed. New body rubber was installed throughout the whole car. We became experts on Chrysler doors. By the time we were done the doors closed SO easily and solidly it was a wonder. FWIW, we discovered that only half of the anti-vibration were installed at the factory.
After 6 1/2 years we finally got it completed to our satisfaction in 2022. I put 6300 miles on it that summer with a road trip from California to Montana, South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, back to Montana and then back to California. Just as food for thought, I averaged 13 mpg for that entire trip and never paid less than $4.50 per gallon. 🤔😁
I had plans to go get the car and bring it to Montana, which was to happen in August. On the 24th(?) of July some fool in Chico, California decided to set his mother's car on fire and then shove it down a ravine, which started the "Park" fire. It ended up being the second largest fire in California history at that time. My son lost everything, including the Challenger. He and it were reasonably insured, so, there's that.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Item information

Category
Member Garages
Added by
Railroadrider
Views
Last update

More in Member Garages

Share this item

Back