• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

16 inch wheel usage

71solo2challenger

Reaction score
Yup, I have. 0 offset, 4.5" backspacing works best. I had a set of 16x8 with -11 offset and 245-50 tires. Just fit fine, but I had a minor rub in the rear. My car is a challenger and I think that may be different than a cuda. I have -2 offset 17x8s on my car now and no rubbing whatsoever.

Dutch 165

Reaction score
Can anyone help with the offset numbers, I understand backspacing but need some help with the offset numbers, I want to run 17 x 8 wheels with the biggest tire that will fit. The car is a 71 Barracuda with new springs from Just Suspension.

71solo2challenger

Reaction score
Get a 0 offset (4.5" backspace) and you'll be fine. Offset is in mm and is based on the distance from the centerline of the rim. + offset is more than half the rim backspace, - is less than half the rim backspace. The number represents the mm from the half rim width.

good website that I use once in a blue moon: http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp if you play with it, you should grasp the concept.

Back