• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 MA Challenger

68 vert coronet

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I searched all over for a challenger but nothing nice under 65 K so I found one but I bought without flying to MA. Can anyone direct me to a page on how to replace tail light lenses, mine all cracked. Also missing brake light switch and bracket, someone put in a hydro boost brake system and did not put back switch or bracket. Thank you in advanced for your help. I ordered some wiring schematics and hope I can figure out this mess no reverse light either....what a project

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO. Click here: Collision guide & Service manual & Collision parts & Frame & Front end Alignment Inner fender & Radiator support
1718057551185.jpeg

Last edited:

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome from Arkansas! I agree with above post. Having the FSM will save a lot of headaches and time. Look forward to seeing the progress.

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome from Michigan! You have already gotten some excellent resource suggestions.

Last edited:

EV2RTSE

Reaction score
To change the tail light lenses in a 70 Challenger you'll need to remove the tail lights from the car - from inside the trunk you'll see 8 nuts on each tail light housing and 4 on the reverse light housing, 20 in all. Some of the studs in the housings will likely come along for the ride. If the gaskets in the housings are still the originals you may want to replace them while you're at it - Detroit Muscle Technologies makes good ones. Many different vendors will have the lenses, Classic Industries is one. When you go to put the tail lights back in the car start with the reverse light first and then the rest.

I likely have an extra brake light switch & bracket out of a 70 we parted out a while ago, let me see if I can dig it up.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Regarding tail light lens replacement; you need to pull out the housing units by removing the nuts on the housing studs inside the trunk. Once removed, gently remove the foam seal and disassemble to remove the broken lens. Pic of back of unit showing studs

TAIL LIGHT PANEL BACK.jpeg

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of your 70 Challenger and 68 Cornet convertible!

Back