• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger Trim Removal

KennyCuda

Reaction score
How do I get this piece of trim just under the radio off of my 1970 challenger does the dash cluster have to come out first. I saw the screw on the right and one on the inside on the left but its still on there ?

86C70EE5-2647-4C69-B1BE-AE03A890FC61.jpeg

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Thankd for the picture its nt gonna be easy all from the back-- when you change the radio bezel does tha tneed to be removed maybe I dont have to remove it anyone know?

sdcbowler

Reaction score
Kenny,
It will be a challenge and may take a bit of time, but with the correct length screw driver, you can do it. It is the three vertical screws that will provide you with the challenge. You will be working blind and mainly feeling around with your fingers......You mave to remove others items behind the bezel for clearance. I also notice the needle for your ampmeter gauge has fallen off.....this might be a good time to repair that as well.

moparleo

Reaction score
Just a little experience here. Use a FSM and,
If you are going to do very much on the floor work, remove the 4 nuts under the car that attach the seat and remove it.
Doesn't take much time and is heaven for your back. Tons of room to work.

KennyCuda

Reaction score
I put a rally cluster in took 7 hours but its done and looks great everything works but the clock is a little sluggish

sdcbowler

Reaction score
I put a rally cluster in took 7 hours but its done and looks great everything works but the clock is a little sluggish

I know it's a great feeling of satisfaction.....well done.

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Looks like a different car with the rally in there love it

Back