• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 DOOR trim retainer screw and nut

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
On this 71 Deputy, I cannot find my proper 10x32 front side retainer screw.
Does anyone have a picture of theirs?
I do have the rear retainer nuts that came off, but I misplaced the front end, I need a picture or the head style for this restoration.

Thanks guys!

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Not sure which screw you are looking for. Can you elaborate?

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
Not sure which screw you are looking for. Can you elaborate?
The screw that holds the door trim the upper garnish that resides between the window and the drivers mirror the screw that holds the very front part of that trim in place. Right above the last time My finger here.

IMG_6828.jpeg

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
It looks like you are seeking details on this screw. Hopefully, a Challenger owner can send pictures of what you need.
1720235911905.png
1720236007997.png

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
The stud with nut for the rear of the door and the five center retainers for the door top moulding a.k.a. door belt moulding.
I did not find a picture of the "Screw" for the front end of the door belt moulding.
1720237059144.png
1720236891805.png

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
The stud with nut for the rear of the door and the five center retainers for the door top moulding a.k.a. door belt moulding.
I did not find a picture of the "Screw" for the front end of the door belt moulding.
View attachment 126473 View attachment 126472
I have the nut and I have all the retainers and they popped into the door nicely. I just need the front two, which is a very short 10 x 32. I still have about 1600 screws to put back into this car before I’m done and they’re all spread out on the flower colored blanket on my floor behind it so I can refurbish each screw as it goes back into place but I cannot find where these two are at in my pile so I need a picture of somebody that has an original so I can replicate it,
I need to see a picture of the original so I can replace it with one as identical as I can to the original and I need the length and the length is gotta be likely a quarter inch to 3/8 of an inch if I’m using a washer.

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
Picture below was on this Moparts.org posting but this one does not look like the flat versions further down.
View attachment 126475

There is another posting on Cuda-Challenger.com showing a flat screw head versus the rounded one above. Same flat screw head is on E-Bodies.org.
I believe the flat version is the correct screw.
View attachment 126476 View attachment 126478
OK, that’s awesome but those flats screw heads that look like that are generally sheet metal screws and not a 1032 machine screw

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
OK, that’s awesome but those flats screw heads that look like that are generally sheet metal screws and not a 1032 machine screw
I will look through the rest of these 77,448,000 million screws and try to find two with the large head. That’s what I needed. I think you very very much.

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
Back