• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 Barracuda Lt Door Window Regulator

rrod

Reaction score
Helping a car club member install door regulatos in a 72 barracuda. Having a problem with the Lt door regulator. Regulator and glass are installed. As I roll the window up it stops 3/4 from the top. The window stops on the glass are not close to making contact on the door frame stops. Looking inside the door I noticed a round solid metal protrusion on the end of the regulator gear plate (the plate with the teeth). Let’s just call the protrusion a stop because that is what it is doing. As I roll up the window the metal stop contacts the regulator inner structure to prevent further movement. There is also a stop on the opposite end of the plate. That stoppage leaves me with a window several inches from closing. What gives? Are there differences in different years of e body regulators or door glass? The Rt regulator and glass rolls all the way up. I did notice the Rt door regulator did not have the metal stops on the gear plate plus it looks bigger (has more teeth). Plus the last tooth on the ends of the plate are shaped different than the other teeth. Any suggestions?

cudamark

Reaction score
Sounds like the wrong regulator. Where did it come from? It's an E-body Barracuda only regulator.

rrod

Reaction score
This vehicle was a parts car. Many parts were stripped off. Makes it very difficult to know what belongs. The passenger door regulator looks to be a 1970 style but it works. The driver side is the one which runs out of travel with about 7 inches remaining to fully close. Will be trying another regulator.

Back