• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

BACK ORDER, BACK ORDER... WHY ME???

Weldguy

Reaction score
My plans to attend the MoPar Nationals in August just blew up! June 10, I ordered TTI Ceramic Coated through Mancini Racing. Today, ELEVEN days later, Mancini notified me they are backordered and not expected to ship from TTI until JULY 25. There is no way I'll be able to fab the rest of the exhaust system in time, even if the July 25 ship date is correct.

My second choice is Doug's Headers, but they haven't made the 440 headers for over a year!!!

Are there any other other QUALITY headers out there that don't require beating the snot out of to get them to fit?

My original Heddman headers needed one primary to be modified so much to clear the steering column it reduced the flow at least 50%.

'70 Challenger, 440, power steering, automatic. Prefer 2 inch primaries but would consider 1 7/8 inch. I was going to order ceramic coated this time.

Xcudame

Reaction score
When I ordered my TTI headers, by the time I got them, they were worth about $200 more than I paid for them! I haven't put them in an E-Body yet, but I bought a pair of Hooker headers for a 440 and they look very similar to the TTIs but I'm expecting to have to whack the Hookers with a BFH in a few spots.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Have you contacted TTI directly , I always dealt with Mike , not sure if he is still there ...

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Will these fit a 440?

IMG_8010.jpeg
IMG_8011.jpeg

Xcudame

Reaction score
I have a set of the Doug 451s (383/400 block) and they fit well, but they are shorter in length than the TTI's by 4-6 inches. The Hookers appear to be closer in length to the TTI's but won't fit as nice as the Doug's and TTI's

Weldguy

Reaction score
My plans to attend the MoPar Nationals in August just blew up! June 10, I ordered TTI Ceramic Coated through Mancini Racing. Today, ELEVEN days later, Mancini notified me they are backordered and not expected to ship from TTI until JULY 25. There is no way I'll be able to fab the rest of the exhaust system in time, even if the July 25 ship date is correct.

My second choice is Doug's Headers, but they haven't made the 440 headers for over a year!!!

Are there any other other QUALITY headers out there that don't require beating the snot out of to get them to fit?

My original Heddman headers needed one primary to be modified so much to clear the steering column it reduced the flow at least 50%.

'70 Challenger, 440, power steering, automatic. Prefer 2 inch primaries but would consider 1 7/8 inch. I was going to order ceramic coated this time.
UPDATE:
I contacted TTI and the late July ship date was verified. However, I received a callback from Sam (my hero) who offered to snag a set - uncoated - and ship them in a day or two. The latest production run was already at the coater, so I'm not sure if he's having the coater pull a set and ship them or how he was able to ship a set, but thank you Sam at TTI and Laura at Mancini. I can either try one of a couple high quality air-dry coating now available, or make it a winter project and send them to a coater. At least I should make it to the MoPar Nationals in August!

Thank you also to members who found a reasonable, in-stock alternative.

Last edited:

Xcudame

Reaction score
Thanks for the update and the plug for TTI and Mancini! I love dealing with both companies and your testimony should encourage others to do business with TTI and Mancini!

Mopar to ya!

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Awesome to hear. I’ve dealt directly with TTI, that’s how I got my complete exhaust system in 304 stainless steel.

Cudatom73

Reaction score
UPDATE:
I contacted TTI and the late July ship date was verified. However, I received a callback from Sam (my hero) who offered to snag a set - uncoated - and ship them in a day or two. The latest production run was already at the coater, so I'm not sure if he's having the coater pull a set and ship them or how he was able to ship a set, but thank you Sam at TTI and Laura at Mancini. I can either try one of a couple high quality air-dry coating now available, or make it a winter project and send them to a coater. At least I should make it to the MoPar Nationals in August!

Thank you also to members who found a reasonable, in-stock alternative.
Hopefully you have better luck with fitment than I've had on the last two sets.
TTI was always my go to. Bought my first set around 2002. Fit perfect. They were the best and easiest fitting headers I've ever used.
The next set bought in 2014 for my wagon. Drivers side took a little persuasion with bfh. It hit the starter (one of the ones recommended). They were also pretty close to the transmission, more so than the previous set. But I was able to fab up a pipe to connect my exhaust to the flange. Took an hr so ok.
The last set were a nightmare. These were their race headers for 572-13 heads. Had had fairly good luck so figured I'd get them. They were significantly cheaper than custom headers and since its a bracket car good enough. They were supposed to be individual tubes, NOPE. Called and they said cut them myself. Got to be time to install them and bang the headers sat on the transmission(I'm not talking close , literally on the trans pan)and would not remotely clear any listed starter. Was absolutely no way the collector would slip on. Called and was told the engine was in the wrong location. WHAT, its the damn transmission they are hitting. I could have the engine upside down, standing on end and it wouldn't matter . Both sides hit. Silent and then never heard of that. Wanted to return them, no.
So now after 11 hrs of work they fit. A yr after all of this transpired I find out they are now discontinued. I wonder why.

Back