• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Back Spacing Help

Dutch 165

Reaction score
I picked up a set of Foose Legend wheels for my 71 Barracuda. The wheel sizes are 17x8 with 245 45 x 17 Nitto Extreme 555 tires for the rear and 17x7 with 235 x 45 x 17'' tires for the front. I installed the rear wheel / tire and measured 1 3/4 inches between the tire and the rear spring. All wheels have 4 1/2 inches of backspacing. The rear tire looks like it will rub on the inside of wheel house next to outside of body. Using simple math it seems that 3 inches of back spacing would leave 1/4 inch between the tire and the spring. The wheels don't look good sticking out of the body especially in the front. I wish there was a guide for different tire and wheel combos that would take the guess work and trial and error out of buying anything but a standard rallye wheel. I going to see if I can replace these Legend wheels for the Foose Challenger wheels and knowing what backspacing to use would help a lot.

Back