• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Best spark plugs for a 318

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
IMO Champion & Autolite regular , platinum or irridium .
But everyone else will tell you NGK which foul & quit firing all the time

EW1BH27

Reaction score
I’ve run NGK GR4 V-Groove since 2011 with absolutely no issues or problems.

Whether it makes a difference my 318 is bored 40 over, mild cam, LD4B intake, 600 CFM Holley, 340 6pk exhaust manifolds, 2 1/2 inch TTI dual exhaust, Mopar Electronic Ignition.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Champion. I figured Ma Mopar used them as factory for a reason. The regular copper plus are still pretty cheap, and changing them every 10,000 miles or so helps milage and performance.

tonysrt

Reaction score
The only reason Ma Mopar used them was because they were the cheapest. I'm not saying there bad, just cheaper than any others. I run RC boats with Zenoah engines and the first thing we do is throw the Champions away and use NGK. The Champion electrode is weak and has a tendency to break down or off and ruin the engine.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Sorry, got to go out on a limb and disagree with you! I've fixed many of crappy running Mopars just by throwing away other brands of spark plugs and putting in stock copper plus Champion spark plugs! Realize NKG are Japanese plugs!!!

tonysrt

Reaction score
I didn't say they were bad just lower in price than others. In our Zenoahs they weren't physically strong enough to with stand the punishment we put them through. Full speed as soon as were in the water for 3-4 minutes.

Back