• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Correct carb gasket for an Eddie LD340 and a new AVS 2 carb?

340challconvert

Reaction score
What is the Correct carb gasket for an Eddie LD340 and a new AVS 2 carb?
New carb came with an open gasket, vs 4 openings gasket on a stock square bore carb and manifold.
The LD340 is a dual plane plenum with a small notch between the plenum divider. Is an open gasket correct for this application?
Thoughts please

340challconvert

Reaction score
Would something like this be more appropriate? Or is the open gasket ok with my application?

1721072784404.png

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
I would run a divided gasket. 4 hole or single divider.
The premise is that sealing the primaries from each other will help primary mixture balance, while the notch balances the volume at rpm.
A 4 hole adds a bit more signal strength , nominally over the single divider type.
Will you feel it, who knows.
The next issue is the avs2 carb. It will probably require some tuning.

340challconvert

Reaction score
I would run a divided gasket. 4 hole or single divider.
The premise is that sealing the primaries from each other will help primary mixture balance, while the notch balances the volume at rpm.
A 4 hole adds a bit more signal strength , nominally over the single divider type.
Will you feel it, who knows.
The next issue is the avs2 carb. It will probably require some tuning.
Thank you
Phil

Steve340

Reaction score
An open hole gasket will work fine. I used to trim out gaskets to isolate the two sides of the dual plane manifold but I found if I used and open hole gasket it didn't make any noticeable difference.
On a manifold with a notched plenum divider wall open hole will be fine as the two sides of the manifold cannot be isolated.

Back