• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB cuda flip down license plate spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

campus safety

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello all, i bought a cuda flip down license plate assembly at Carlisle for a garage art project, it was rusty so i soaked it in evaporust and it came out looking good. I pulled the plate down and the spring broke.. So i need just the spring, im hoping someone has an extra.. Thanks Rich

1971 Gran Coupe

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello all, i bought a cuda flip down license plate assembly at Carlisle for a garage art project, it was rusty so i soaked it in evaporust and it came out looking good. I pulled the plate down and the spring broke.. So i need just the spring, im hoping someone has an extra.. Thanks Rich
I had a similar situation with a hood latch and evaporust. Your dilemma supports my theory to NEVER use evaporust on ANY type of spring. The results are never good. You could get the appropriate size music wire and build a new spring, otherwise it might be just as easy to get another license plate holder. Good luck on the direction you take.

Last edited:

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The spring can probably be replaced with one from any flip down/up license plate holder. I probably have a junky one to rob the spring out of. But if you are just using it for an art project, use the B or C one and save the E for someone who needs it.
Here is a B body plate holder that was listed as an E.
I wonder when EK2 tom figured out it was wrong?

Last edited:

campus safety

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will take any spring that will work, i prefer a cuda one because that way i KNOW it will fit and work properly. Thanks for the response if you want to rob one of yours i would buy it... Thanks ...Rich

campus safety

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see megaparts is selling reproduction spring assemblies for the flip down license plates, kinda pricey but if i cant find one maybe i will go that route...

campus safety

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rainyday, thanks for the response and the offer, i only need the spring so $75 for a spring is a little pricey for me. I think i will go the repop route first, I already broke the first 50 year old rusty spring. I might just try a new one...

Droop69

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The same thing happened to my Cuda release lever! I now never put any hardened steel springs in Evaporust, it must take the tensile strength out of the steel or something.

MO-PWR

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have rear license bracket for a 72 Cuda with a very good spring.
The bracket itself is bent and I didn't want to try to straighten it out.
Let me go and find it today and send you a picture.

campus safety

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if the spring is solid and strong i would be interested along with the little locking washer that holds the long rod in place.. thanks and let me know..Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back