• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

ET Diamond Spoke mags

Vert

Reaction score
I just stole this pair of ET Diamond Spoke wheels, prob made in the 80s. They're NOS, never mounted. They are Ford spec 15x8, 5x4.5 bolt pattern. Not sure if they'll fit my Barracuda or if they'll need minor mods due to the general Ford hub-centric sizing. There is a taper on the hub mount of the wheels. Anyway, worse case I'll have to get a concentric ring milled out. I'm gonna try them on my 71 Barracuda. Gotta figure what tire size will fit also. Currently have 255/60R15 on 15x6 Rallyes.

ET15x8spoke.jpg

moparleo

Reaction score
Those were universal fit. No issues with the rear of the rim, just being centered when mounted. Definitely for the rear only.
ET was a popular wheel of the 1970's mostly.
Most were uni-lug.
255's are pretty wide for only a 6" rim.
255 will fit an 8" wheel much better. No rubbing on the E-body in that size.

Vert

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I'm sort of considering a 275/50R15 for the rear. Maybe somebody has that size on an 8 inch wheel. Overall width # would help. I have air shocks (old school here) so I have some leeway. Have a new airlinine kit to make each side independent. I recall years ago, with an engine block in my charger trunk, after a sharp corner... one side was higher than the other. Fixed itself after I unloaded, let air out and put some back in.

Charger71.png

moparleo

Reaction score
Air shocks are not only old school but hazardous if an airline or shock fails in a turn .
The offset on these wheels is too negative with that size tire to fit properly.
I sold that brand of wheel in the 70's and have personally ruined a few tires trying to do what you want to do.
Experience has taught many of us that if there is not enough clearance with the suspension at factory height, it is the wrong application.
The stink bug look is very 70's but was never ideal. Rough ride, poor rear traction and not stable when cornering above the listed speeds.
255/60-15 is about max with that wheel on an E-body without fender or suspension modifications.
What were your plans for front rims and tires ?

Vert

Reaction score
Thanks MoparLeo. If I can find a similar set in 15x7 I'll use them on the front. In the meantime, I may just leave Rallye wheels on the front.

Back