• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fuel gauge to use with stock sender?

1973cuda

Reaction score
Hi Can anyone tell me what after market fuel gauge will work with the stock fuel sender? I know the stock sender reads around 10 ohms full and 70 ohms empty but can't find a gauge to match thanks for any help.

fuel.jpeg

1973cuda

Reaction score

Tig

Reaction score
Hi Tig Thanks for the info do you recommend the linear or non linear or does it matter?
It think does matter yes, the gauge will read wrong if it doesn't match the sender. I'm pretty sure the stock senders are linear. If you have a ohmmeter, you can check it on the sender o/p and ground. The middle point (1/2 way) of full float movement should be around 40 Ohms if it's linear.
A quick google shows that many of the available reproduction senders read wrong, So I'm guessing if it reads 20 ohms at around 1/2 movement it will need a non linear gauge. More to this than meets the eye it seems.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Not linear. Here's the note I wrote after experimenting and before I sold the rallye cluster. (Note: S.S. REG is Solid State Regulator from Vans) Edit: trying smaller picture

Sender Ohms.jpg

Last edited:
Back