• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from Minnesota

amedcuda73

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Last year I found this 73 'cuda 318 project car that I couldn't refuse. Previous owner blew the transmission 15 years ago and wanted to engine swap it to a 383. Although the 318 sorta runs, I'm hoping to swap in a 340 instead.

My dad (and mechanic) and I have always wanted to fix up a car together. He's a Ford guy but I'm slowly converting him to Mopar. Excited to resurrect this car!

- Adam

IMG_20230923_093238.jpg

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
My dad (and mechanic) and I have always wanted to fix up a car together. He's a Ford guy but I'm slowly converting him to Mopar. Excited to resurrect this car!
Don't worry he will get over it. I too had a 68 302 cp mustang and a 67 mustang 390 fastback. Way back when.

68HemiRR

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Last year I found this 73 'cuda 318 project car that I couldn't refuse. Previous owner blew the transmission 15 years ago and wanted to engine swap it to a 383. Although the 318 sorta runs, I'm hoping to swap in a 340 instead.

- Adam

View attachment 129859
Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan.

Ronbo73

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Can't wait to see pictures of the progress. Just remember, Rome wasn't built in a day...

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Nice 73 diamond in the rough Cuda.

You can do whatever you want with it! 340s are tough and expensive to find, but out there. There's other choices such as 360s, 5.9 Magnums, and third generation hemi's. Even 512 stroker big blocks with aluminum heads, intake manifold and water pump and housing doesn't weigh much more than a stock small block!

Heck, even the original 318 can be made into a stout little engine with the right parts!

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan! Glad you joined up and looks like a fun Father/Son project.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome from Arkansas!
I have the same year model with a 500 stroker. Tons of fun. Look forward to to seeing the progress. 👍🏻

Back