• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Kickdown Linkage with Street Demon

72barracuda

Reaction score
Anyone using the Street Demon carb? I am swapping out a TQ. Street Demon not matching up with kickdown very well. I believe the linkage I have is stock for 72 model small block with 727 and TQ. No linkage problems with TQ. I am using the throttle stud from TQ and got the Chrysler throttle adapter bracket for the Street Demon. Secondaries open with no linkage but can't fully open with kickdown attached. I moved the slotted rod to other side of pivot arm for better alignment on throttle stud but still need about an inch of travel. Could probably increase the length of slot in slotted rod but want to see what others are doing before I get caught up in mods and fabrication.

street demon.jpg

Xcudame

Reaction score
Every time I swap to a different type of carb and/or intake, it seems like I have to make a special rod for the throttle. I normally use the three piece kickdown linkage but see you have the one piece. Regardless, I think you're going to have to extend your slotted rod/arm. On the three piece set up, the throttle rod has a threaded adjustment to find tune the correct length. Not sure how you'd get that fine adjustment with your rod/arm.

Ricks72Chlgr440

Reaction score
The alternative is to go with an aftermarket cable system like Lokar. With the Lokar, I can change to any carb I want and it is a simple adjustment to get it just right.

Xcudame

Reaction score
True, the Lokar cable is great and will work well. My issue is that it makes the car look too Chevy! 😁 Which is why I prefer modifying the three piece factory kickdown linkage. But the cable might work better for others.

Back