• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Missing Trim plate

Bama-man

Reaction score
I am restoring a 70 Cuda. I have the correct Vin plate matching my title, but the trim plate was missing when I bought the car, also no broadcast sheets. There was no interior in place it was basically in pieces. I'm trying to figure out what it was originally. VIN plate says it's a FE5 Rallye Red, it's supposed to be a 318 car, but has a 440HP / 6 barrel and 727 Torque-flyte trans. It is a Convertible car so that's a good thing, but not sure what color top it is supposed to have or the color of the interior or carpet. I guess it will have to be a resto -mod. Is there a place that would make me a trim plate to match what I put into the car or should I keep researching to find the original info not sure what to do.

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Post pictures of these items if you have them. The plate originally on the driver side inner fender that shows VIN with trim options is called a Fender Tag.
Overall car pictures of exterior and interior.
1. Dash VIN plate.
2. Door VIN label at rear of driver's door.
3. Cowl VIN stamping by driver's side window.
4. Radiator support VIN stamping between radiator and the support.
5. Original paperwork, if you have any.

A list of options on the car now and pictures of any of these items present:
Accessories - Lights (fender=mounted turn signals), disc or drum brakes, console, bucket seats, A/C, exterior mirror(s), mouldings (rocker/wheelwell/upper door edge/rear tailpanel), road lamps, exhaust, radio, wheels, radiator size (22" or 26"), etc.

These will give us something to discuss for how the car might have been equipped.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Without a fender tag or broadcast sheet or known original parts everything is a guess so you can build it the way you want .

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
There is a slim chance that someone has your broadcast sheet. Very slim but possible.

Bama-man

Reaction score
Post pictures of these items if you have them. The plate originally on the driver side inner fender that shows VIN with trim options is called a Fender Tag.
Overall car pictures of exterior and interior.
1. Dash VIN plate.
2. Door VIN label at rear of driver's door.
3. Cowl VIN stamping by driver's side window.
4. Radiator support VIN stamping between radiator and the support.
5. Original paperwork, if you have any.

A list of options on the car now and pictures of any of these items present:
Accessories - Lights (fender=mounted turn signals), disc or drum brakes, console, bucket seats, A/C, exterior mirror(s), mouldings (rocker/wheelwell/upper door edge/rear tailpanel), road lamps, exhaust, radio, wheels, radiator size (22" or 26"), etc.

These will give us something to discuss for how the car might have been equipped.
The only thing I have is the title and the VIN plate on dash no other info. I'm not sure what was originally on the car b/c I got the car w/o interior although the seats that came with it are bronze / brown combination. and a brown dash. w/brown carpet. I guess that's what the prior owner was going to put back into it. The car was being restored when I got it Motor, trans, rearend were all attached with new paint and new front fenders and rear quarters. I was just wondering if I could have some fender plates remade to match was it is now to make it look more authentic.

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
It takes a lot of the requested items to even come up with an "authentic"-looking repro fender tag. As @Chryco Psycho said, without some documentation or history it is impossible to get an accurate repro fender tag made. You can come up with something that looks okay but it will never have all the info the factory put on the tag.
Post the pictures and provide the VIN. Many on here have hundreds if not thousands of fender tags and documentation. We may by chance have a picture of your fender tag or other documentation (Broadcast Sheet, etc.) taken in the past but we need your car's VIN to check.

Interior in H6T5 - Tan
1720841587566.jpeg

Last edited:

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
BTW - I lived in Atlanta from the 60's through the early-2000's with Mopars from the 70's to present. I knew guys in the North GA Mopar Club in Rome, GA, too.
We had shows at City Dodge on Stone Mountain Hwy in Gwinnett County in the early 1980's. That site is the current Gwinnett Chrysler-Jeep-Ram dealership.

A 1970 Barracuda Convertible with 318 has a VIN starting with BH27G0B if it was built in Hamtramck, Michigan (6th digit B for Hamtramck).

Your cowl partial VIN is found here. Likely starts with B0 _ _ _ _ _ _ and it looks like somebody dusted it off already. :D
1720846317474.png

Your radiator partial VIN is here between the radiator and the radiator support on the vertical face.
1720846495961.png

Did your car come in FE5 - Rallye Red and H6T5 - Tan interior or was it a different exterior color and interior?
The Trim Selector book the dealers used shows that H6T5 - Tan was available with quite a few exterior paint colors. FE5 was one of them.
I have pictures of documentation (Fender Tags & Broadcast Sheets) for fifteen (15) 1970 BH27G0B Barracuda 318 convertibles.
One is a fender tag for a BL1 exterior paint and H6T5 interior.
One is a fender tag for an FE5 exterior paint and H6XW interior.
I also have pictures of documentation for fifty-eight (58) BS27 Cuda convertibles.
1720848048534.png
1720846769952.png
1720846780285.png

Last edited:

Bama-man

Reaction score
It takes a lot of the requested items to even come up with an "authentic"-looking repro fender tag. As @Chryco Psycho said, without some documentation or history it is impossible to get an accurate repro fender tag made. You can come up with something that looks okay but it will never have all the info the factory put on the tag.
Post the pictures and provide the VIN. Many on here have hundreds if not thousands of fender tags and documentation. We may by chance have a picture of your fender tag or other documentation (Broadcast Sheet, etc.) taken in the past but we need your car's VIN to check.

Interior in H6T5 - Tan
View attachment 126778
Thanks for the help and extra info mine looks very close to this except I have a Rallye Instrument panel. vin number -is BH27G0B114716. It's in the shop having a new Convertible top installed I will send new pictures when I get it back.

Bama-man

Reaction score
BTW - I lived in Atlanta from the 60's through the early-2000's with Mopars from the 70's to present. I knew guys in the North GA Mopar Club in Rome, GA, too.
We had shows at City Dodge on Stone Mountain Hwy in Gwinnett County in the early 1980's. That site is the current Gwinnett Chrysler-Jeep-Ram dealership.

A 1970 Barracuda Convertible with 318 has a VIN starting with BH27G0B if it was built in Hamtramck, Michigan (6th digit B for Hamtramck).

Your cowl partial VIN is found here. Likely starts with B0 _ _ _ _ _ _ and it looks like somebody dusted it off already. :D
View attachment 126779

Your radiator partial VIN is here between the radiator and the radiator support on the vertical face.
View attachment 126780

Did your car come in FE5 - Rallye Red and H6T5 - Tan interior or was it a different exterior color and interior?
The Trim Selector book the dealers used shows that H6T5 - Tan was available with quite a few exterior paint colors. FE5 was one of them.
I have pictures of documentation (Fender Tags & Broadcast Sheets) for fifteen (15) 1970 BH27G0B Barracuda 318 convertibles.
One is a fender tag for a BL1 exterior paint and H6T5 interior.
One is a fender tag for an FE5 exterior paint and H6XW interior.
I also have pictures of documentation for fifty-eight (58) BS27 Cuda convertibles.
View attachment 126783 View attachment 126781 View attachment 126782
My vin is BH27G0B114716 I have no idea what the original interior color was. The seats I have are Brown and Bronze combination as seen in the pictures I sent when I first joined FEBO.I was never given the original Fender tag with this car.

Last edited:

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
@Bama-man Check out The 1970 Hamtramck Registry website and input your VIN.
It shows that the website owner, Barry Washington, has info on your Barracuda convertible.
Maybe he has pictures or documentation showing what was original to your car.

He can be reached by emailing sixpak340@att.net .
Good luck!

1721269342007.png

Back