• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mods please delete

70survivor

Reaction score
Im Not a pro, just an average joe....As an owner of an old 70 Cuda in driver condition or what I call a "beater with a heater" respectively, I dont even think the money is far off on your prospect. (dealer fees suck) BUT.. You have to PAY for these cars for good reason. The mere fact that the "numbers" (lack there of really) alone would warrant the dalla's $$ AND these cars are just TOO COOL and getting nearly impossible to find or buy. Not to mention all of the documentation that is going along with this AAR. I was thinking of just doing a "tribute AAR" on mine and even those are pulling HUGE numbers. It really comes down to what YOU want. Pretty cool car your looking at... in my experience she probably "wont last long" on the block (for sale). I just got offered an undisclosed fist full of dollars from a guy for my unrestored 70'. Its not about miles per gallon, it about smiles per gallon and these cars are OFF THE RICTER SCALE! I would hurry up and buy it or you'll be left just wanting one again (IMHO) but everyone has an Opinion! If I was in the market id be in negotiations already - - please buy it so I don't have too!! I don't think the money is off point. Yellow isn't my color but Green wasn't either and I fell in love!!. . there are give and takes. Good luck! To me the holy grail isn't a Hemi car, it an AAR baby . . Go for it because I know you wont regret it EVER. Your way out is; there will be someone again to want it MORE than you . . sooo you'll have a choice to sell it if comes down to it in the future! When I purchased mine, the thought in my head was. . it wont go down in value. I was right, It has only went up! (( A "PERFECT" AAR WOULD BE CONSIDERABLY MORE $$ )) Hell just price out each piece of that car and let me know what you come up with (without paint and assembly Money$) I may be biased but I'm not wrong. Happy Motoring!

Last edited:

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
The car looks great and it presents very well.
The seller disclosed a lot of information intentionally and unintentionally. I did not see a Broadcast Sheet but the fender tag has all indications of being the original and not a reproduction tag.

The restorer added numerous desirable options and there are some incorrect items for a 1970 AAR.
In no particular order...
Added A67 - Barracuda Backlite Louver Package (required the Right Hand Painted Racing Mirror which this car did not originally have).
-Something is off about the Right Side Racing Mirror. The horizontal character line of the mirror body should be level. Hard to tell if an incorrect 1971-74 mirror body is mounted on a 1970-only mirror base.
Added A62 - Rallye Instrument Cluster
Added S83 - Rim Blow Steering Wheel
Added R35 - AM/FM Thumbwheel Radio and 3-speaker dash pad.
Added electronic ignition with firewall mounted module (Remove/Replace with Pertronix or other hidden electronic ignition.)
The blackout of the entire bottom of the car needs further inspection for issues. Not a normal practice on a car of this pedigree.
The chassis components have considerable rust-pitting which is typical of a northern car (Canada) when exposed to road salt.
There is an aftermarket FAST RATIO pitman arm installed and aftermarket Edelbrock rear shock absorbers.
The rear leaf springs do not have the factory T/A-AAR part number 3400048 stamped on them.

The price of $144,900 is a bit steep considering the condition of the undercar components and the hard-to-correct presence of the window louvers. That amount of money could find a higher quality car that is spot-on accurate.
Mecum Results for AARs (you need to create a free login to see prices).

1720668623350.png
1720669283143.png

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
The things Moparcarguy pointed out can't be ignored for what they are claiming. There just up sailing. Plain and simple blowing smoke up your ass. Trying to sale a sub grade for an A+ premium car. I not saying it's not worth something. As far as the added numerous desirable options. That's a matter of personal preference.It can deter from it's true value in some cases. It has to be inspected in person by a non bias knowledgeable person. Not a rubber stamped for profit pedigree. I would have no problem at 75-80K then there is room to correct the issues. Then it might be worth what they are asking. I think for that kind of money I would build two tribute AAR's. That's my 2¢.

Last edited:

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Here are some pics of what the Mopars in 1970 looked like for the floor pans.
Primer with body color overspray.

There were many northern cars that received Ziebart undercoating after purchase.
Unfortunately, the application of undercoating over rust and corrosion is a costly coverup for the next owner.

Your second question about the louvers, to remove them would mean repairing the holes in the roof and dutchman's panel, replacing the vinyl top, and repainting the dutchman's panel. Louvers are a great addition so leaving them is likely the best approach.

Undercarriage Body Color to Primer Fade 2.jpg

Undercarriage Body Color to Primer Fade 3.jpg

Undercarriage Body Color to Primer Fade 4.jpg

Undercarriage Body Color to Primer Fade 5.jpg

Undercarriage Body Color to Primer Fade.jpg

Back