• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mystery Ground Strap?

Olacmot

Reaction score
I’m about to reinstall my dash after restoring everything, but I saw this on the floor of my car in the passenger side. Is this a ground strap for something? I don’t remember taking it off…

Two different size holes, and the smaller hole side looks like there were teeth marks to maybe prevent it from twisting? Close up pic of that side included.

Let me know if anyone knows what it is!

IMG_7675.jpeg

IMG_7676.jpeg

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
I believe that is a part of the seat track tension wire support to the inner track from the outer release lever.
One end mounts to an eye on the seat frame, and the wire goes through it.

Slotts

Reaction score
That is the ground strap for a map light switch in a factory a/c car. Mounted on back of the the plastic trim strip under the passenger side of the dash.

Olacmot

Reaction score
Your welcome. But as I look at your strap, it does not match exactly the one on the air box (squared off end and the elongated hole).
I think you’re right. Either way I need to fab a bracket to support the heater box from the cowl as mine is missing, so this was helpful!

Xcudame

Reaction score
Obviously there's similar pieces of metal all over our E-Bodies as indicated by the great responses. The Heater/AC definitely needs a strap to support. But looking closely at the photos in the original post, I think Mr Cuda and Don are correct that it's part of the front seat. Notice the wear in the one hole were a spring would cause similar wear.

Xcudame

Reaction score
The hog ring could make the wear mark. But I have not seen an unstamped tag in the hundred or so E-Body, A-Body and B-Body rear seats I've seen. That's a small sample, I know.

Olacmot

Reaction score
Thanks to your suggestions I figured out what it is. Should I spill the beans or put this to a vote? It’s one of the suggestions that was made above. Attached are dimensions. I don’t think I can do a poll here, but how about clicking one of the emojis for this post for what you think it is?

👍 = support strap for back of radio
😍 = heater box support
🤣 = seat track tension wire support
😳 = ground strap for map light switch
🙁 = unstamped tag

I’ll post the final pic of where it fits tomorrow night.

IMG_7694.jpeg

IMG_7697.jpeg

IMG_7698.jpeg

IMG_7699.jpeg

IMG_7700.jpeg

Back