• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Off to the exhaust shop

Tom's EK2

Reaction score
Custom exhaust shop. Small local shop. One person. Seems to be getting less and less of these places. Alot of shops today take a look and tell you they can't do it or it can't be done. Carl at Thunder Exhaust fabricated exhaust from my "Shorty Headers" to the AAR muffers, out through the side exhaust.
20240711_102033.jpg
20240711_102111.jpg

20240711_102121.jpg

Xcudame

Reaction score
You really can't beat a small custom exhaust shop! They can make a really nice exhaust for you!!

Tom's EK2

Reaction score
Is the shop making the exhaust for the aar cuda? Or another car?
It's for the AAR. Non matching motor, so shorty style headers. Not sure how they are fabricating from the collectors to the AAR muffers. Some very tight areas in there.

hdwrench

Reaction score
i’ll be visiting our local custom exhaust shop soon . i have a good set set of h.p. manifolds and will be buying the rest . not sure what muffler to use . list - good performance, healthy sound but not to loud ( i’m getting old ) , i’ll probably install cut-outs for the days i wanna thunder the hills . any suggestions of the mufflers welcome . going into my 74 barracuda, a 69 383 mild build , auto trans , starting out with a .323 suregrip….

Xcudame

Reaction score
If sticking with the big block HP exhaust manifolds use 3" diameter pipe from the manifolds to about mid-transmission (5 to 6 feet long). Install your cutouts and then reduce to 2.5" pipes to the mufflers. Unfortunately Flow masters are made in China these days. 🙁 Any turbo type muffler will work.

Tom's EK2

Reaction score
If sticking with the big block HP exhaust manifolds use 3" diameter pipe from the manifolds to about mid-transmission (5 to 6 feet long). Install your cutouts and then reduce to 2.5" pipes to the mufflers. Unfortunately Flow masters are made in China these days. 🙁 Any turbo type muffler will work.

Well....I got the AAR back today. Got some pics while it was still on the lift. Mufflers are from Accurate Exhaust. Not a stock appearing exhaust, but built to drive.
20240719_095918.jpg
20240719_095910.jpg
20240719_095849.jpg
20240719_095837.jpg
20240719_095859.jpg

Tom's EK2

Reaction score
Thanks,
Definitely not going to be rattling or falling off soon. The shop owner had to grab the pipes from the headers to the mufflers and pull himself up off the ground to show his work.

mrmopar340

Reaction score
Thanks,
Definitely not going to be rattling or falling off soon. The shop owner had to grab the pipes from the headers to the mufflers and pull himself up off the ground to show his work.
He's a good man and a good guy you can trust doing that. Sounds a lot like the guy that did mine. I bet it sounds good.

Tom's EK2

Reaction score
Next week will be the first start up and break in. I didn't want to start it without exhaust since the open headers would be blowing towards block and oil pan. I'll try to post a short video. Hopefully no issues and all goes good.

Tom's EK2

Reaction score
Thanks for the positve replies. I wasn't too sure since in a perfect situation I would have wanted to stay more stock looking but without the stock manifolds the shorty headers really changed how everything would fit and hang.
2 1/4 inch from the header collectors
Bu

Tom's EK2

Reaction score
Thanks for the positve replies. I wasn't too sure since in a perfect situation I would have wanted to stay more stock looking but without the stock manifolds the shorty headers really changed how everything would fit and hang.
2 1/4 inch from the header collectors
Bumps up to 2 1/2 to fit into the accurate exhaust AAR muffers.
Original side exhaust pipes.

carbonfiber

Reaction score
Hey Tom's EK2 .

A few stoopid questions if I may.

What engine are you running?
What is the epoxy looking stuff ? Is that from the factory or some type of sealant?

Thanks and what a great project,man!

Back