• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Old is new again; 13 yr Chall Project

jimbo70R/T

Reaction score
I’m reenergised now. This 70 Chall base car has just sat for 13 years. I was building it with my boy, then 19. He died in an accident and I guess I coped, in part, by covering up the car, much like you’d cover up a sad part of your life.

Anyway, I’m back and it’s back.

The car, was a 318, now a stroked 440, dyno’d at 650 hp/torque. It was an auto, now a Tremic, put in a Dana 60, and made it a shaker car also. Next comes a 4-link. Used parts were cheaper 13 years ago and we loaded up. Have some very nice buckets to replace the bench. Got it running this week; new gas/brake lines. Inside it is pretty thrashed. Did all the body work and primed it with my boy…still looks good.

I guess I’m old now at 69. Maybe the car will help me feel young again.

I appreciate the chance to learn from the membership. You folks have been there, done that. No substitutes for experience. Thank you.

IMG_1213.jpeg

IMG_0310.jpeg

IMG_0312.jpeg

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the loss if your Son. The car does need to be continued and finished in memory of him.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO. My father as I was too in the USN. When I left my car at home a few times. My father took it to work a few times a 30 mile trip. When I got home and got the keys off him there was a glorious smirk he wore. I now take his Forestall hat when I go.
I speak my mind and it gets me in trouble at times. Such as I would say to my Angle after our son was born. Still eating for two! WELL! everybody now where that got me!
That being said. I think when you get it done and driving you will be smiling for two and miles!
As others said I think you son would want to see it done.
My Angel was from Terreton - Mud Lake area ever here of it. Then escaped the Rexburg flood. A Police officer got her out of harms way.
One never knows here then gone.

Last edited:

jimbo70R/T

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO. My father as I was too in the USN. When I left my car at home a few times. My father took it to work a few times a 30 mile trip. When I got home and got the keys off him there was a glorious smirk he wore. I now take his Forestall hat when I go.
I speak my mind and it gets me in trouble at times. Such as I would say to my Angle after our son was born. Still eating for two! WELL! everybody now where that got me!
That being said. I think when you get it done and driving you will be smiling for two and miles!
As others said I think you son would want to see it done.
My Angle was from Terreton - Mud Lake area ever here of it. Then escaped the Rexburg flood. A Police officer got her out of harms way.
One never knows here then gone.
Epic events you have experienced ! not sure, is Angie still in you life? You seem to have a kind soul. Best to you,

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss .
Cool that you are picking up the project again !
I would pass on the 4 link , unless it is a fully adjustable race system it will not create much traction , Leaf springs are far better than most people give them credit for .

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas. Very sorry to hear of your loss.
Really glad that you found the strength to continue the project. I know it will be a joyful day to drive!

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the e-body family from Michigan! Can't say that I can add anymore to all the kind words that have been said here.

Back