• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Put foot in mouth.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
1727655860070.jpeg

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I have to say those guys are great. A garage I worked at in the late 70's, We did some work on the cars and got to know them. They all knew which one was a stick in the mud.I got to know one better. Every 6mo to a year we would meet on the road and chit chat about his wife and in laws.I knew them. He would give me my tax bill and would say see you soon. I just could not keep under 55 mph on a four lane highway.

One time he about wreck catching up to me. I stopped to make sure he was ok. But that another story.

Last edited:

Xcudame

Reaction score
True story. My dad was working swing shift and was coming home after work. 69 Plymouth wagon 383 with about 370 horse power. CHP started chasing him. Dad pulled off the highway after a few minutes. CHP pulled up behind him. He asked my dad, "How fast were you going?" Dad, "I don't know, 80 or 90 mph. I just got off work and I'm headed home." CHP, "80 or 90 my ass! I was doing 120 and not gaining on you until you pulled off! What do you have in your Plymouth?" Dad (fibbing a bit,) "Just a stock 383!". CHP, "Well, I like to open them up a little myself now and then. You just take it easy Mr. "Xcudame"! One thing about my dad, he never lied.

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
Similar story about my dad -- he was also driving home from work one night. This was in the early 70s, he was driving my mom's '69 Super Bee. It was late and he was tired, in a hurry to get home. A patrol car initiated pursuit, so my dad pulled over. The officer walked up and the first thing he did was thank my dad for stopping. My dad asked why the officer was thanking him, and he replied, "Because I never would've caught you if you didn't."

Back