• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Quarter Glass Removal

Dutch 165

Reaction score
Does any one know how to remove thr quarter glass from the metal frame. I've tried heating it with a heat gun and then using a length of 2x4 and a hammer to try and to remove it. So far it hasn't moved any.

71cudajoe

Reaction score
I replaced the glass in mine, but it was NOT easy. I asked the same question as you when I started. The best suggestion I received was this:

"I have lubed it with WD40 & tapped them out with a rubber mallet, tapping them on the edge of the glass."

This process worked fine for one of my quarter windows, but the other would not budge. I figured that I didn't need to keep the glass, so I simply put the quarter window (complete with glass, bracket and molding) into a thick bag. I sat the bag on the concrete and took a hammer to the glass. The glass shattered into thousands of pieces. I was able to pick the remaining shards from the seams with a screw driver. I refurbished the finish on the stainless and inserted the new glass. Oh -- and I replaced the seals on both with a thin rubber tubing-like material.

oct2009f.jpg

oct2009e.jpg

oct2009d.jpg

Dutch 165

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try the first method but as tight as it seems I may have to resort to the tried and true thick bag and a hammer method. I don't think that I have ever broken a piece of glass on purpose.

Back