• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB Rear Speakers 71 Cuda

pschlosser

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newer generation speakers will last longer, and sound better, than OEM factory original speakers. Most of the OEM originals in service are 50 years old and have worn out, by now, from heat damage. The cones are made of paper, and they just don't hold up for 50 years, because of the heat by the sun through the back glass. Modern ones are made of a composite material that holds up much better.

A newer-style speaker will not show. But if you favor concourse-restoration-originality, keep looking. Someone will chime in if they have them.

For NOS (new original) speakers, if you can find them, expect to pay 4-figures for a pair. Modern-day speakers will cost ya 5% of that.

elan71

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you can get help here:
I have no experience with this seller. However, I think the speakers look great. The sound will be something else, but I don't think that's the point.

Matt L.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newer generation speakers will last longer, and sound better, than OEM factory original speakers. Most of the OEM originals in service are 50 years old and have worn out, by now, from heat damage. The cones are made of paper, and they just don't hold up for 50 years, because of the heat by the sun through the back glass. Modern ones are made of a composite material that holds up much better.

A newer-style speaker will not show. But if you favor concourse-restoration-originality, keep looking. Someone will chime in if they have them.

For NOS (new original) speakers, if you can find them, expect to pay 4-figures for a pair. Modern-day speakers will cost ya 5% of that.
Agreed, just want to have all the parts that came with the car when it was built.

gran coupe john

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got my original front speaker rebuilt by a guy in California. Awesome job. I had No rear speaker, 2 places in back for speakers. Only have original AM radio. Those radios can only handle 1 front speak, and 1 back speaker. He had a rear speaker he rebuilt for me. The car only had 1 back speaker originally. The sound quality isn't todays standard, but they sound great. I have his number, but no sure to post it.

Back