• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Replacement Tank Options for 1970 Cuda with Emissions Control (N95/California)

kerfuffle

Reaction score
The tank on my 70 Cuda is nasty and clogging the fuel filter every 15 to 20 miles. I was going to just replace it, but am finding the 4 vent version of this tank is hard to find.

Standard replacement tank is: Spectra Premium CR8A (19 gallons, 1 vent)

I was looking at maybe snagging a tank for a 71 instead: Spectra Premium CR8E (18 gallons, 4 vents).

Not sure if this is a good idea since they have a 1 gallon difference.

Has anyone done this? If not, any other recommendations?

Thanks all!

IMG20241016162249.jpg

One of few

Reaction score
I went to the Holley Sniper EFI, and purchased a new fuel tank from them too. They might offer the version your looking for. The drawback for my SE is they don’t offer a “low fuel” sensor, for the low fuel indicator on the overhead console.

kerfuffle

Reaction score
I went to the Holley Sniper EFI, and purchased a new fuel tank from them too. They might offer the version your looking for. The drawback for my SE is they don’t offer a “low fuel” sensor, for the low fuel indicator on the overhead console.
Thanks, will check it out!

Xcudame

Reaction score
The 70 evaporation emissions control and 71-74 fuel tanks have a one gallon vapor expansion tank which is the reason for these tanks being rated one gallon less. The 71 tank would work fine.

IMG_20241017_181124273.jpg

Back