• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

System 1 Reusable Oil Filter

Ariovistus

Reaction score
Has anyone here tried the System 1 Reusable Oil Filter? Does it install like a regular Oil Filter , or are there adaptors that Go onto the Block? Asking for a friend with a Cuda 383. Thanks.

Tig

Reaction score
Has anyone here tried the System 1 Reusable Oil Filter? Does it install like a regular Oil Filter , or are there adaptors that Go onto the Block? Asking for a friend with a Cuda 383. Thanks.
I have one, it kept coming loose despite how tight it was fastened after a pass or two. A few years later we fitted a remote filter so I tried it again, it kept coming loose. Another racer I know tried one on a big hemi engine, it kept coming loose.
Unimpressed at a minimum, downright dangerous worst case. Great Idea for inspecting the filter for metal particles and I still have it, I won't even give it away for fear of it loosening and oiling down on someones car.
BUT, I do know racers who use them with no issues, pretty sure they are all using Chevy engines. Most folk seem to be turning to the "Clearview" style of filter now, they're expensive but probably the last type of filter / inspection system you will need.

Ariovistus

Reaction score
I have one, it kept coming loose despite how tight it was fastened after a pass or two. A few years later we fitted a remote filter so I tried it again, it kept coming loose. Another racer I know tried one on a big hemi engine, it kept coming loose.
Unimpressed at a minimum, downright dangerous worst case. Great Idea for inspecting the filter for metal particles and I still have it, I won't even give it away for fear of it loosening and oiling down on someones car.
BUT, I do know racers who use them with no issues, pretty sure they are all using Chevy engines. Most folk seem to be turning to the "Clearview" style of filter now, they're expensive but probably the last type of filter / inspection system you will need.
Tig, Thank You for the info. I appreciate You. Sorry for the bad experiences. Maybe a K & N oil filter might be better.

Tig

Reaction score
Tig, Thank You for the info. I appreciate You. Sorry for the bad experiences. Maybe a K & N oil filter might be better.
We live and learn :) I've used a few different types of filter, Fram. M/P, K & N , Royal Purple, Perlator etc. Never had an issue with any of them but I do change them a lot more often than on my daily driver.
You can just see the remote filter housing to the right of the rad in the pic below, we fitted it at the same time we plumbed in an accusump. It works well and is a lot less messy changing than a filter in the stock position :D

habit@Shearwater2.jpg

Last edited:

Steve340

Reaction score
Lake Speed Jnr did a test of their filtration efficiency and it was pretty poor. Only filtered down to 60 microns from what I remember.
I cannot remember exactly what brand he tested.
Convinced me to never fit one.

Back