• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Trying to source 1970 Barracuda Convertible Rear Window Tack Strip Fasteners

Surfcuda

Reaction score
Hi All, Trying to source 1970 Barracuda Convertible Rear Window Tack Strip Fasteners. There are 19 bolts that attach the Tack Strip that secures the Top and rear window to the trunk area. I understand some are T-bolts and the others are bolts with flange washers. Maybe they can be attached using a common Mopar fastener. Any help much appreciated.

Finoke

Reaction score
Hi All, Trying to source 1970 Barracuda Convertible Rear Window Tack Strip Fasteners. There are 19 bolts that attach the Tack Strip that secures the Top and rear window to the trunk area. I understand some are T-bolts and the others are bolts with flange washers. Maybe they can be attached using a common Mopar fastener. Any help much appreciated.
I substituted since mine were missing and these fasteners won't be seen because of the well liner. This is the Oval Washer that I used to substitute for the T, they were a little on the thin size so I doubled them up.

https://www.supplyhouse.com/sh/control/product/~product_id=C02851

When buying the flanged bolts just make sure you get the original length and thread count from any online bolt supplier. It's been a while, so I can't help with the sizes. I got mine from

Bolts and Nuts, Hex Cap Screws and Fasteners Online

Last edited:

Surfcuda

Reaction score
I substituted since mine were missing and these fasteners won't be seen because of the well liner. This is the Oval Washer that I used to substitute for the T, they were a little on the thin size so I doubled them up.

https://www.supplyhouse.com/sh/control/product/~product_id=C02851

When buying the flanged bolts just make sure you get the original length and thread count from any online bolt supplier. It's been a while, so I can't help with the sizes. I got mine from

Bolts and Nuts, Hex Cap Screws and Fasteners Online
Yes, mine are missing as well. They appear to be very hard to find or non-existent. I hope someone else may know of a source or can provide the length and thread count of these bolts. Appreciate the info on the Oval Washers as I may need to go your route. Regards Surfcuda

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Before shipping my last ones out I scribbled out this - then edited the pictures.

IMG_20240902_0001.jpg

VertBolt2a.jpg

VertBolt3a.jpg

Finoke

Reaction score
Back