• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

TTI header fitment issue

BsChallengr74

Reaction score
I have a 74 Challenger with the original k member that housed a 318. The current motor is a 68 383. I used to run Herman headers but recently switched to TTI. I was putting the driver side header in ran into a clearance issue. The picture included with post has a piece of metal that is part of k member circled in blue. If try to lower the engine the headers hit that piece of metal and will not go any lower. My only real option is to cut that piece off. Thoughts?

20240818_154644.jpg

Playtimefun

Reaction score
Hi there. Sorry... I am not going to be of too much help only as the TTi headers fit with no issues (asides from the bolt heads being extremely tight to the tubes) for the 340 in my 73 cuda. But I did want to say that if you find your exhaust hanging really low (it drove me nuts for over 3 years with my TTi exhaust system) you will need to get a set of 6 degree up connectors off the headers.

This is what they look like in comparison to the straight. At least now the system hangs better. Before the exhaust hung about 2.5 to 3" lower than the oil pan

View attachment 20240725_183406.jpg

View attachment 20240729_221908.jpg

Xcudame

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the "extra" piece of metal on the K-Frame showed up late 73 and on 74 models. Big blocks were no longer offered after 71, so that piece is not an issue with small blocks. I'd cut it off!

BsChallengr74

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the "extra" piece of metal on the K-Frame showed up late 73 and on 74 models. Big blocks were no longer offered after 71, so that piece is not an issue with small blocks. I'd cut it off!
Thanks for info any clue as to what is was for I was not the original owner but I have owned it since 83 and that piece has always extraneous. Nothing ever seemed to utilize it. I feel cutting it is my only option so thanks for sanity check.

mrmopar340

Reaction score
Thanks for info any clue as to what is was for I was not the original owner but I have owned it since 83 and that piece has always extraneous. Nothing ever seemed to utilize it. I feel cutting it is my only option so thanks for sanity check.
Is it one of those transport hold down brackets?

Back