• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

UPPER MOLDED RADIATOR HOSE HELP

Weldguy

Reaction score
Once again I am seeking help from the E-Body Circle of Wisdom. I am having no luck finding the correct molded upper radiator hose for my '70 Challenger R/T with a 440 Non-A/C (originally 383). Every hose I have found is for a radiator with the top hose going to the passenger side of the radiator. My radiator has the upper hose going to the driver side. As far as I know, it is the original radiator (I've owned it since 1982). I did find the Dayco C 70352 ALMOST works, but is about an inch short of what I need. I hate the looks of the Universal Fit hoses and would like to stay with a molded hose.
I have considered putting an offset thermostat housing on it that points to the driver side and that would make finding a hose from another application a lot easier by eliminating one bend.
Has anyone used an offset thermostat housing and what was your source?

Thank you - as always.

floyd

Reaction score
What’s the 7-digit part number on the top of the radiator?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Early 70 did have the upper hose to the drivers side , mine is the same , did you check Rock auto ?

floyd

Reaction score
Here’s another part number to google:

“Mopar 3462116”

Looks like s multiple options for vendors

Xcudame

Reaction score
Here's the photo from 440 Source. Sure looks like the passenger side and a 22 inch radiator to me.

Engine compartment.jpg

Weldguy

Reaction score
I think this is what you're looking for-
Mancini Racing Upper Radiator Hose

My brother has a 70 383 R/T with the 22" radiator, the part # is 2998960 and the top hose goes to the driver's side.

The Gates 20370 might also be worth a try - Rock Auto lists it as a match under 1970 383 without a/c.
More Information for GATES 20370
The Mancini looks right. I had one from NAPA like that and it was the wrong angle. It wanted to collapse when I attached it to the radiator.
Here’s one that fits my car with a 383 and a 22 inch radiator with the outlet on the driver side.

View attachment 128135
That's it... and it won't be $70!!!
Thank you,

Back