• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Which radiator is correct

7DCUDA383A

Reaction score
The cuda is in the shop getting all new gaskets and seals , he thinks the radiator is wrong , all I know is its a 26 in. wth upper hose on driver and bottom on passenger , non A/C . Also does not have a shroud , any ideas , thanks .
radiaror.jpg

1972 AAR Cuda

Reaction score
From what I can see it doesnt look like a Chrysler radiator - this looks more like a replacement radiator - if thats what you're asking...
Chrysler radiators will have the pentastar (which I don't see) and a part number stamped in the top tank - just going by memory though...
I was also pretty sure the 26 inch came with a fan shroud.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Definitely an after market radiator cap! And in 1970 all big block E-Bodies had a driver's side lower hose. If the radiator is from a small block, they typically had a passenger side lower house. So the water pump housing might be from a C-Body, it's certainly not E-Body. Basically right now, your radiator hoses are opposite of a factory setup. By if it works, no need to change it! I'd definitely run a fan shroud!

7DCUDA383A

Reaction score
Definitely an after market radiator cap! And in 1970 all big block E-Bodies had a driver's side lower hose. If the radiator is from a small block, they typically had a passenger side lower house. So the water pump housing might be from a C-Body, it's certainly not E-Body. Basically right now, your radiator hoses are opposite of a factory setup. By if it works, no need to change it! I'd definitely run a fan shroud!
It's at the shop right now but he did say he is going to replace it with a 3 row radiator .

Xcudame

Reaction score
If you're going with a new radiator, I'd go with something like the one in the link below. Two row aluminum radiators actually cool better than a three row radiator given the same thickness.

If you want to keep your current hose routing, get the small block version.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
If you're going with a new radiator, I'd go with something like the one in the link below. Two row aluminum radiators actually cool better than a three row radiator given the same thickness.

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

[/URL][/URL][/URL]
I do agree with what EXCUDAME said. I do think a brass radiator does hold up better over time. I could be wrong about that. But there still around. It's just a matter of what you want. Cost would be a factor.

7DCUDA383A

Reaction score
I do agree with what EXCUDAME said. I do think a brass radiator does hold up better over time. I could be wrong about that. But there still around. It's just a matter of what you want. Cost would be a factor.
I just want something reliable , I'm already having the engine pulled to replace all gaskets and seals .

Xcudame

Reaction score
There are better and more expensive aluminum radiators out there, but the ECP will last as long as the company does (lifetime warranty). To get the best life out of an aluminum radiator it's best to put a piece of zinc metal in the top tank to be the sacrificial metal for electrolysis (corrosion).

Ricks72Chlgr440

Reaction score

I have an ECP radiator that I bought with electric fans. Am going back to a shroud and mechanical fan w/clutch. Got the shroud from Mancini. I have a good friend on this forum that got an ECP radiator for his E Body car and has had nothing but problems with the fit. Their customer service was less than good as well. Think the radiators are very good, but just a heads up.

7DCUDA383A

Reaction score
I have an ECP radiator that I bought with electric fans. Am going back to a shroud and mechanical fan w/clutch. Got the shroud from Mancini. I have a good friend on this forum that got an ECP radiator for his E Body car and has had nothing but problems with the fit. Their customer service was less than good as well. Think the radiators are very good, but just a heads up.
I have to wait till tomorrow to find out what radiator they have in mind , it was part of a bid they emailed me Friday but I was golfing , all I know is they would replace the 2 row with a 3 and yes I want a shroud , I am calling them in the morning .

Back