• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rim Blow Steering Wheel Help

packin3deuces

Reaction score
I just came over from the a-body site and need help/advise for removing/pulling a rim blow steering wheel. I have a '70 cuda and have to get the rim blow wheel off in order to restore the steering column and dash. I can't figure out how to remove the center pad to access the shaft. It's my first time attemping this and I thought I better ask first so that I don't damage anything.:confused: Your help is greatly appreciated.

chasduster

Reaction score
you came to the right site...someone will help you...just be patient..things are a little slower around here...

plumbeeper

Reaction score
Yea, we're not on every day but we get around sooner or later...

To remove the center cap without damaging it is sometimes a gamble. The original caps were not the best quality plastic and after nearly 40 years they've become brittle. First, put masking tape on the spokes so you don't accidently scratch them in the process of removing the cap, then get a wide blade stiff putty knife and work under the cap trying to get near the center. You must push the handle of the putty knife away from you (towards dash) to pop the spring button loose from the wheel. If you pull the handle towards you (away from dash) you may break the plastic nubs off that hold the cap assembly together. Just work a little at a time all around the cap and it will soon pop off.

If it doesn't survive, let me know. We can possibly repair it (depending on the damage) or replace it with a new one. Hope this helps and good luck.

Please feel free to contact me anytime if you need some help.

Dave
812-593-4328

WWW.RIM-BLOW.COM

packin3deuces

Reaction score
Dave,
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my much needed rimblow help question. I really appreciate the help and guidance. If I need repairs I will definitely contact you. Thanks again for your help.

chasduster

Reaction score
Ain't this site the greatest...nice job plumbeeper..nice infor

Back