• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Year One Rally Wheel Tire Recommendations

willstoy

Reaction score
After years of drooling over them, I pulled the trigger and ordered a set. I remember in the past that YO had a tire fitment recommendation on the website, but alas I can not seem to find it. Have emailed and left a message with them, but yet to get anything back. I'm hoping that someone here would be willing to offer some advice on tire sizes and maybe brand too. The car is not driven that hard, so don't need a real performance tire per se. I got the staggered set of 8" and 9" for the rears. Found a tire shop that some of the old school hot rod guys recommended, so need some info before contacting them!! Have only opened the one, but wow they are nice... Thanks in advance!!!

YO wheel.jpeg

YO wheel box.jpeg

Ricks72Chlgr440

Reaction score
After years of drooling over them, I pulled the trigger and ordered a set. I remember in the past that YO had a tire fitment recommendation on the website, but alas I can not seem to find it. Have emailed and left a message with them, but yet to get anything back. I'm hoping that someone here would be willing to offer some advice on tire sizes and maybe brand too. The car is not driven that hard, so don't need a real performance tire per se. I got the staggered set of 8" and 9" for the rears. Found a tire shop that some of the old school hot rod guys recommended, so need some info before contacting them!! Have only opened the one, but wow they are nice... Thanks in advance!!!

View attachment 127351

View attachment 127352
I put those same wheels on my 72 Challenger, and they look great. The rallye style is my personal favorite. I got Nitto 255/50R17 for the back and 225 for the front. The Nitto's have much better traction. I have a Dana 60 w/3.23 rear gearset but can still spin the tires if I nail the gas at 40mph.

One of few

Reaction score
I like mine, but at stock ride height, the front wheels rub just barely. Moparleo is right, I dodge pot holes with those short sidewalls - if your looking for decent roads, Michigan isn’t the answer.

E7750644-129D-4733-9FEB-B41B513F6089.jpeg

GreenOnions

Reaction score
Nitto NT555 G2 on my 70 challenger. Front 225/50ZR-17, Rear 255/50ZR-17 on the 8"/9" staggered. Bought a fifth wheel (8") to use as a spare. Also, I used a mobile tire service to mount and balance them. I supplied the valve stems, the YearOne ones I think.

Xcudame

Reaction score
I think YearOne really hit the ball out of the park on their 17" Mopar Rallye wheels. Now for me, I'd run 17x9 and Nitto 255/70ZR-17 on all four corners! Of course I'm of the mind if something rubs a little, get out the BFH and/or die grinder! 😁

Cuddy

Reaction score
I agree those wheels are awesome. I run Nitto 555g2 with 275/40r17 all the way around. no rubbing and stock ride height on my challenger. My rims are 17x9 all the way around. I wish they were a little taller but 11 inch wide tires all the way around looks killer on the car. Also Nitto's website is nice because it gives you the specs on all their tires. hope this helps

JDMopar

Reaction score
I've got a set of those that I bought from a FABO member, to put on my 71 Challenger conv. I was going to use my lug nuts that are on my existing 15 x 7 Rallye wheels, but it doesn't look like there's enough lug sticking thru the wheel to hold. Did any of y'all that put these wheels on an E body have to swap lugs, or do I need to buy different lug nuts from Year One?

mrmopar340

Reaction score
I've got a set of those that I bought from a FABO member, to put on my 71 Challenger conv. I was going to use my lug nuts that are on my existing 15 x 7 Rallye wheels, but it doesn't look like there's enough lug sticking thru the wheel to hold. Did any of y'all that put these wheels on an E body have to swap lugs, or do I need to buy different lug nuts from Year One?
I swapped lugs. The rear of some rims are thicker on the centric part than original wheels. You definitely want as much thread to lock on to. Retorque after 50 miles or so as well.

Ricks72Chlgr440

Reaction score
I bought the new lugs from YO when I got the wheels.

Back