• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1970 340 Challenger project

Status
Not open for further replies.

exbirdgunner

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man this car is really making it hard to keep my promise to my wife that I would wait unitl I retire from the Royal Canadian Air Force in 10 years to start my project MOPAR. This car almost meets all my must haves.

70 Challenger - check;
Burnt Orange (in and out) - check;
Black vinyl top - check
Numbers matching - check;
needs total resto INCLUDING engine - check.

Only things I would want different would be that it was a 4-speed and had the rallye dash with wood grain.

Please someone buy this great project before I have to break my promise. LOL

Denis

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This will be one of the final days to steal it and all its parts at this price. It's going on Ebay without any of the parts I've accumulated for it except the trunk lid and a non crumple zone Rallye hood. I will post a link to it.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rare A-66 Challenger

I can't believe that this car has not sold.
I have always been an A-66 Challenger fan. I would like to highlight the advantages of the 340 Challengers:

- 340 engine performed as well or sometimes better/faster then the standard 383 RT cars (big weight to power ratios)

- The weight differences made the A-66 cars handle much better then big block cars and came with front and rear sway bars in many cars.

- The cars had unique standard features and came with many of the RT car attributes; power hoods, 15 inch rallys w E60--15 inch tires ; heavy duty suspension and brakes, the bumble bee stripe and even the bee in the back windows. The wheel lip molding was deleted due to the large tire sizes.

-Mat's car has a rare burnt orange color and interior combination.

-The car has the original numbers matching engine.

- As far as rarity, there were only 6900 340 hardtop cars built in total (3771 automatics)

- In comparison, they built 14,889 RT big blocks (twice as many)

- It is more rare then the 383 RT cars (8939 total)\

- The A-66 option was a one year only option

- A-66 cars go through the auctions at about the same price as the RT cars and the option is now becoming more recognized by collectors and investors.

- The car would be a great project and is being sold at less then the cost of the parts going with the car.

- I own an A-66 car and can speak to the car's attributes.

- Someone should buy this car and save another piece of Challenger history.

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I should add that you'll notice that this auction does not include all the parts I've accumulated for it over the years with only a couple of exceptions. If the new owner doesn't want to buy any of those parts after he/she has bought the car I will begin to sell off that inventory at that time.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
One bid away from meeting the reserve. It looks like I was going about this all wrong and I am now very glad it didn't sell for the $6,800 with all those parts.

image.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I will not take less than 7K. I'm thinking this winter I'm going to start doing the major metal replacement and the price starts going up the more I get done.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The car is sold but I will have a lot of parts available for sale in the near future as the new owner chose to by just the car with all its original parts and very little from the stash of parts that I've been accumulating for its resto. I'll need some time to go through it all but it will be offered up here first.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The new owner assured me this will be a keeper for himself and will be a long term project. I'll see what I can do about getting him to sign up here so we can watch the progress.

moparlee

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does look good Matt. He put a lot of work in it, but too bad he couldn't finish it off. BTW, looks a lot like my '71 340 GK6, dark bronze poly.
160.jpg

160.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back