• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Y09 Challenger

Moparbastard

Reaction score
I've been super busy but I had to take a break. Here's an update on the '70 Y09 Burnt Orange Challenger. On Friday, May 10 we drove the ramp truck down to a warehouse in Stoughton, MA and collected the car. Sadly, they wouldn't allow any photos inside the place. The car was out of the container and just sitting there. There was no damage which was a big relief. It's now safe and sound in my NH Garage. The NH DMV, God bless those nice ladies at the Concord branch, had absolutely no problem registering the car with a Thai title and a Thai bill of sale (I did have the bill of sale translated while I was still in Thailand). The Thai DMVs, and the DMVs of some other American States (I'm talking about you specifically, Banglamung, Thailand and Wisconsin) could take a lesson from NH. It doesn't have to be that complicated - just register the stinkin' thing. I drove the car twice in USA so far. Once to a local cruise-in and once out to dinner. It runs as new - except that the speedometer wound itself up to full peg and stayed there. Must be lizard **** in the speedo head.

CIMG7400.JPG

CIMG7522.JPG

CIMG7527.JPG

CIMG7545.JPG

Xcudame

Reaction score
That's a sweet ride! It's interesting how some folks are nice and helpful when registering vehicles and others are not. Here in Arizona, we have MVDs in small towns that charge a small convenience fee, but much better than going to DMV and standing in line for hours only to get a rude person (I'm calling you out California!).

If you get a chance, take some underhood pics of the leaning tower of power!! 😀

Moparbastard

Reaction score
This is a photo I took while car was still in Thailand this past January. Engine compartment hasn't changed - yet. That's a Nippondenso one wire alternator on there that came with the car when I bought it. It wasn't broken so I didn't fix it. I put the Clifford valve cover on because someone put an early '60s cover on for some reason. This car has just over 50,000 miles on the numbers matching engine. It does have a few other issues which I will address in mid June when I won't be so busy.

CIMG7316.JPG

Moparbastard

Reaction score
That's a great relief to get that here!
Can't wait to see some details on the car that we havn't seen yet.
The car is on the lift waiting for me to install new gas tank. The gas tank is on the bench waiting for me to install a drain. Speedometer is fixed. Dash is waiting to be re-assembled.

Back