• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1973 cuda 340 4 speed

stitch58

Reaction score
1973 Cuda time capsule. 3,384 original documented miles (mileage is not a misprint). I have acquired this car that I have known about for years. Last time it was driven and licensed is January 26, 1980. My intent is to put the car back to original dealer delivered condition. All parts on the vehicle are original including hoses, fan belt, tires, weather-strips, interior, rubber components (in pliable serviceable condition with correct date stamps), etc. Original owner added a tachometer to the steering column, an oil pressure gauge where the clock blank-out is, and removed original exhaust (put center dump glass pacts on it and some weird chrome wheels with Crager center caps). Fortunately, in the trunk, is the original thermoquad (freshly rebuilt), the original hub caps, bumperettes, and exhaust tips. I have extensive documentation for this vehicle including; window sticker, broadcast sheet, original bill-of-sale, deposit certificates, title and every registration for the seven years it was registered. Upon starting the vehicle, after exactly 42 years and 2 days, the radiator leaks and is being sent to Glen's to be re-cored. Fuel tank has failed and will be replaced. When these tasks are completed I can move on to the next step. Does anyone know what the small broken off tag under the data tag is? I'm new here

BRSP4539.JPG

DAWD0367.JPG

IMG_2850.JPG

IMG_2852.JPG

IMG_2902.JPG

IMG_2906.JPG

IMG_2951.JPG

IMG_2943.JPG

IMG_2950.JPG

AUSTA

Reaction score
Very Nice may have a number stamped on the tag under the main tag

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
:welcome:First I would make copies of all documentation and put in safe keeping.Copies for display.Wold like to see more picture insde out and under hood an car. VERY nice catch! AMAZING!:thankyou:

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
This proves you don't need a bigger Boat! 🛥️A Steady hand at the Helm.And no loose lips 👄that sinks ships!🚢🆘🆘🆘

Last edited:

moparleo

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. Great find. If you want to drive it, get a new set of tires. 50 year old tires can be dangerous. If you want to put it back on the road, replace all the rubber items with new and put the original stuff away. Old belts hoses etc... deteriorate with age. They might look good but can fail without notice and you don't want to damage anything. All fluid as well as the brake hydraulics will need to be gone through as well.
Very nice.

stitch58

Reaction score
Tires are date code correct but I would never drive on then although they have tuns of tread on them(49 years old )good for judged show only,when I get there I could put them on, so do I put a a set of polyglass f70 14” or up grade to a radial tire

stitch58

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. Great find. If you want to drive it, get a new set of tires. 50 year old tires can be dangerous. If you want to put it back on the road, replace all the rubber items with new and put the original stuff away. Old belts hoses etc... deteriorate with age. They might look good but can fail without notice and you don't want to damage anything. All fluid as well as the brake hydraulics will need to be gone through as well.
Very nice.

stitch58

Reaction score
I agree I am taking it a step at a time ,it was stored in temp regulated garbage and the rubber looks and feels great especially door, roof rail ,and trunk seal still have the powdered release agent on them , I would not want to damage any drive train components how many under 5000 mile original ,are left out there anyway

340challconvert

Reaction score
Wow, what a GREAT Find, and :welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey.
Keep that baby as original as possible and put the documentation in a safe place.
As suggested by others, make sure the car is safe.
Replace tires, belts, hoses, fluids, check brakes etc.
I would flush out the brake system while replacing the fluid and gas tank.
Keep all original parts in storage.
What a neat time capsule to own!

domeboys

Reaction score
Congratulations! What a great car. Here is my car's tab under the fender tag from 1970. As I understand it, the tab was originally several inches long and was shortened by various inspectors along the assembly line. Others can correct if they have better info. All the best in your restoration!

Attachments

• Fendtagtab240.jpg
    Fendtagtab240.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 112

70chall440

Reaction score
I think those secondary inspection tags remain a mystery, I have heard several versions of how/when/why they were used, however your explanation is as good as any.

Matt Johnson

Reaction score
Did all four speed cudas 70-74 have the pistol grip? Beautiful car...

Back