• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

2nd Mid life crisis

Kevineng

Reaction score
Welcome. Should be a nice ride. Looks like you are keeping the small block too.
Yep, evidently it came out of another challenger, the previous owner threw it in on the deal. Im told it had a mild cam and did run......it looks like it has "j" heads, which are 340 heads, I think. No idea why that was done, or if they modifed the heads or pistons to account for the bigger chamber in the heads.....find out soon I guess

Kevineng

Reaction score
Welcome!
Looks like you have a nice project in front of you!
I like the 72-74 changes to Challenger from the earlier models, maybe I am partial since I have a 74... lol
Yep, same here, liked the taillights grill better. I'll catch some flak for this, but I liked the 73/74 bumper guards too......and I had a factory installed luggage rack on my old 73.....not sure if I'll do that again, but I did like the look of that too. TBD for now

1972 AAR Cuda

Reaction score
My 74 still has the bumper guards - the car originally was a base 318 model and I am converting it into a Rallye. I Swapped in a 360/727 combo and added a dual scoop hood, dual exhaust with the tips and dual exhaust rear valance. I also have the side fender scoops, but I haven't installed them yet. I figure I'll try to keep the appearance as if it was a 1974 360 Rallye Challenger.

IMG_7395.jpeg

IMG_0615.jpeg
IMG_0606.jpeg

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Very cool story and cool car as well. I am fortunate enough to still have my car from high school as a teenager still today.

20170903_161436.jpg

jpeg-imag.jpg

Kevineng

Reaction score
My 74 still has the bumper guards - the car originally was a base 318 model and I am converting it into a Rallye. I Swapped in a 360/727 combo and added a dual scoop hood, dual exhaust with the tips and dual exhaust rear valance. I also have the side fender scoops, but I haven't installed them yet. I figure I'll try to keep the appearance as if it was a 1974 360 Rallye Challenger.

View attachment 125672
View attachment 125673View attachment 125674
Nice, looks like its loaded.....AC, Power brakes, cruise control too????

1972 AAR Cuda

Reaction score
Nice, looks like its loaded.....AC, Power brakes, cruise control too????
I added the Cruise control, updated the AC system, rebuilt the brakes and rebuilt the new 360 engine / 727 trans while trying to keep everything close to original in appearance. Still working on the body, but it's coming along.

Back