• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

7 Blade fan

douglas17

Reaction score
Does anyone know what year (s) used the 7 blade fan with a viscous clutch. Iam sure that 71 had this option on small block and 383,s. How new of a 318 or 360 might have had these fans.
year one has a reproduction but it say 6 blade.
Can any one shed some light on this.
DSCF5442.JPG

Steve340

Reaction score
I do not know the answer to your question but my broadcast sheet has the fan part number so maybe you could track that way.
My car is a 1971 340 engine and it has the 7 blade fan.
My friend has a 1972 340 Cuda and it had the 7 blade fan that was damaged. I believe it was the original fan but have never checked the broadcast sheet.
I bought a nice repro 7 blade fan off Mega Parts

aussiemark

Reaction score
When the air conditioning was optioned it came with the 26" radiator, hood to radiator support panel rubber seal and the 7 blade fan with viscous hub and a fan shroud. I had a 68 318 Charger and my 318 Challenger (both factory air conditioned cars) have these parts. Modern cars have an electric fan to cool the air conditioner condenser down but old cars don't so they need the best belt driven fan set up to keep the condenser cool otherwise the refrigerant will get too hot and expand causing the high pressure switch to cut the power to the compressor. The large radiator was needed because it has a hot condenser mounted in front of it so the extra capacity is needed to stop the engine from over heating when the air conditioner is being used and that powerful fan is needed to draw the airflow through the big radiator and condenser.

Back