• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73 Challenger Rallye drivers side inner door panel felt.

73*Rallman

Reaction score
Hi all, It has been a while since I have asked a question. I am haveing trouble getting the drivers side inner felt to stay attached. It comes loose when I roll the drivers window up. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it stay put. It is a new piece.

Thanks in Advance.

Attached are a couple of pictures. We have the door torn apart trying to figure this out.

73 left door panel.jpg

DSC_0048.JPG

terrywalker

Reaction score
Are you talking about the felt we see in your door picture that rides on the outside of the window or the felt that is attached to the door panel and rides on the inside of the window.
Terry W.

73*Rallman

Reaction score
Are you talking about the felt we see in your door picture that rides on the outside of the window or the felt that is attached to the door panel and rides on the inside of the window.
Terry W.
Inside felt. That is an older picture of the drivers door to help with my question. The outer felt is fine. Can't get the inner felt to stay attached at either end of the door.

pschlosser

Reaction score
The window felt looks like a metal bracket covered in black velvet. Not to be confused with the inner "cat whisker" or outer "wiper."

I vote glue.

You may need to remove those inner brackets and inspect the cloth or "fuzzy." It may be too old, and/or too worn to glue to the metal bracket. If it is, consider sewing/gluing the old fuzzy over a newer fabric boot you craft, then glue that to the metal bracket with the original fuzzy side out.

73*Rallman

Reaction score
The window felt looks like a metal bracket covered in black velvet. Not to be confused with the inner "cat whisker" or outer "wiper."

I vote glue.

You may need to remove those inner brackets and inspect the cloth or "fuzzy." It may be too old, and/or too worn to glue to the metal bracket. If it is, consider sewing/gluing the old fuzzy over a newer fabric boot you craft, then glue that to the metal bracket with the original fuzzy side out.
We tried one type of glue but it did not hold. We are looking for a better glue. We will look at the bracket idea. Thanks.

moparlee

Reaction score
I have used 3M Super Weatherstripping and Gasket Adhesive with good results. I used it on trunk weatherstripping and on those window guide felts.

terrywalker

Reaction score
I understand what you have going now. I agree with Moparlee on the 3M Black Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive. Strong stuff. I've collected several of these brackets thru the years (see photo). Some use a felt, some use a long Mohair type material and some use a rubber. The 72 Challenger I'm working on uses the long mohair material. Report back on what you find works best. I remember seeing where someone had the replacement material but couldn't locate it just now. Good luck. The ones with rubber in the photo were up-stops if I remember correctly.
Terry W.

Window Anti-rattle Guides.jpg

brotow

Reaction score
Don't laugh, I would try GOOP adhesive. I usually keep a tube or two handy, works on anything and remains flexible. I used it to hold my 2005 Crossfire roadster window to the convertible top ( common problem with the roadster), after 3m failed.

goops.jpg

73*Rallman

Reaction score
So we healted the felt liner witha hair dryer and then glued it.
The 3 m worked. Thanks for your help.

Back