• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

...and I drove it home..

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
You mentioned Road lamps. This might help sort things out.
1715770284943.jpeg

Deathproofcuda

Reaction score
Wow, hard to believe that's the same car. It looks great! Congrats on the find.

Do you know the approximate build date of your car? I'm guessing it's an early build, as your carpet has the fully ribbed heel pad like mine did (first photo), which is apparently something of a unicorn. I've only come across two other Cudas with the same style heel pad. All others have the mostly smooth heel pad that is standard on all the repro carpets (second photo).

70 Cuda Original Carpet.jpg

70 Cuda ACC Carpet.jpg

70survivor

Reaction score
Hey RTA. . your right how easily that wick is lit!! Im trying my best to keep track on this one. Nice looking resto job btw! Very nice! Thanks for asking on the preserve.. its going good thus far and having a blast driving it everywhere I can. The interior cleaned up well. I got a lot of the jams cleaned up. Haven't jumped under hood / truck or underbody yet. Threw some Quiktime electric cutouts last weekend (that'll get me in trouble). Lights, blinkers, under dash dome and tach & fuel gauges are working besides oil pressure but sporting the vintage 70's Stewart warner oil pressure gauge under column to be sure! I need to figure out the front road lights yet. The 340 in this thing is just a riot to tool around in.. listening to the crower (280H 460 lift) cam put in' in 74' is a symphony to my ears..hearing it through an Accurate exhaust with 'resonators delete' then hitting the cutout switch to make some noise. I feel I made this old Plymouth a super fun "prop car". It's never been to the dragstrip in its life but kinda looks it! Keep on truckin

View attachment 123975

View attachment 123976

View attachment 123977

View attachment 123978

View attachment 123979
The Suregrip 3.91 sings going down the road.
Wow, hard to believe that's the same car. It looks great! Congrats on the find.

Do you know the approximate build date of your car? I'm guessing it's an early build, as your carpet has the fully ribbed heel pad like mine did (first photo), which is apparently something of a unicorn. I've only come across two other Cudas with the same style heel pad. All others have the mostly smooth heel pad that is standard on all the repro carpets (second photo).

View attachment 123992

View attachment 123993
Thanks Deathproof, yes.. a 10/69 born on date and great info!! . . its only original once right! Good lookin out! Any way of telling the sequence number of your cuda with the vin?

Deathproofcuda

Reaction score
Its pretty amazing that your almost 55 year old carpet is in such good shape. Dash pad also looks to be uncracked, is that also original? Car appears to be in pretty amazingly original condition, minus the NOM and blacked out engine compartment.

70survivor

Reaction score
The slot at the back of the console is where your seat belt buckles go when not in use for 1970 only.
Hey thanx Dematt1, yea the belts were in there when bought it, just didnt know if that was correct > I like the 70' only stuff !! Thanx again .. yes and I agree Deathproof, the car was off the road from mid 80's and was told the 53,000 miles on dash were real (as the mileage didnt matter to me but he had no reason to lie . . A little "scaly" underneath but not 'holy'. . Im not sure about digging into the rear blackout area yet (I like the Narely looking cuda emblem). The "friday night before the drags paintjob" seems to be liked around these parts (I was just looking to hide some primer :))

20240508_173126_HDR~2.jpg

70survivor

Reaction score
Its pretty amazing that your almost 55 year old carpet is in such good shape. Dash pad also looks to be uncracked, is that also original? Car appears to be in pretty amazingly original condition, minus the NOM and blacked out engine compartment.
Yes Deathproofcuda, the dash is in really nice condition - rolling history lol. Headliner good - the 727 shifts perfect for 55 yrs. old too, going through 1st -2nd and 3rd with authority all before your through the intersection with the 391 - LOVIT!

- rolling history! he - he

20240329_163340_HDR.jpg

20240402_204400 (1).jpg

Xcudame

Reaction score
These E-Bodies where ment to be driven! I've got 250,000 miles on my Challenger and one of my best adventures was driving to the gas station with my son in his 2015 Challenger Scat Pack! So some poor soul in a black cracker box got a wake up call when he (she?) had the misfortune of being in the way and got passed by both me and my son in our Challengers on a narrow two line road going to and from my house!

Back