• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

ARE THERE ANY HP ORIENTED MOPAR BOARDS?

TIMINATOR

Reaction score
Not being a snartaxx here, but are there any boards that are more oriented to FAST street and drag MOPARs? I have been looking around and haven't found a board to my liking. There are tons of resto boards, but that's not my thing.
I'm looking for a board that the folks build and drive 10 second and faster street cars.
There is lots of boards for the GM and Mustang go fast crowd, and I'm on the Turbo Buick board for my 87 Buick Turbo T other car info. I haven't yet found a MOPAR board to my taste. A search brought up HP MOPAR boards, but on most of them the last posts were 2-4 years old.
TIMINATOR

Xcudame

Reaction score
Unfortunately due to the rarity of Mopars from the late 60's and 70's, big money is being exchanged for Mopar pristine restorations and now resto-mods. I've posted before, Chevy made more Malibu's in 1969 than the entire 70-74 Challenger and Barracuda production! So naturally there's fewer and fewer people building high performance Mopar race cars!

Please don't get mad, but we cut up a perfectly good 70 Challenger R/T 383 convertible back in the 80's to get quarter panels for the circle track race car! Plus other driving cars. That type of thing makes E-Bodies pretty rare!

luckily we have lots of information available to us thanks to Direct Connection/Mopar Performance and shops like Indy Cylinder head, Mancini, Hughes, Mazzolini, Andy Finkbiener at AR Engineering, etc.

There are several folks on here and FBBO that still have some stout Mopars and can offer good advice. Remember, some upgraded parts for Shivvies and Phords aren't really needed for Mopars. The factory gave us some of the toughest engines and transmission (833 & 727) on the planet. It's just kinda cringey to be racing around in close to a six figure dollar vehicle and worrying about hitting a wall at 100+ mph!

TIMINATOR

Reaction score
I have looked at A and B and as here, no insult intended, most are obsessing about casting #s, date codes, and correct bolts. That's not my thing. I reimagine a car into what I want it to be, and then build that. Just so you all know that I am not insensitive to your ways, I have a large collection of engine castings, carbs, interior parts, and more that I will advertise when I am more finished with my current Challenger.
I also did not start my project with a pristine numbers matching car, but a base model 318 auto 1972 Challenger that was previously a roll barred, subframe connected, rear springs set inboard, street/strip car. Although it is a rust free Arizona car with a nice body, Arizona is where I live, so I had many to choose from.
I also have some of the take offs from my 1970s Dusters, Demon, Cuda, and trucks.
I will post when time permits.
TIMINATOR

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
We have some right here.

20240914_095411.jpg

heminut

Reaction score
Unfortunately due to the rarity of Mopars from the late 60's and 70's, big money is being exchanged for Mopar pristine restorations and now resto-mods.

It's just kinda cringey to be racing around in close to a six figure dollar vehicle and worrying about hitting a wall at 100+ mph!
I used to bracket race my Cuda at the local dragstrip but not anymore! That ^^^^^ right there is why I quit!

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I would also be interested if you find something , all my life I have built performance & not really interested in restos , although I have built restos for customers but always having better perf , even looking stock !

hdwrench

Reaction score
i’m sure there are many on f_bo who feel the same . perhaps suggest to this site a new forum thread , non-matching bat outta hell forum … it’s easy to grow weary of all the date code stuff . but it has its own place ….

Xcudame

Reaction score
There's nothing stopping us from creating high performance posts until the staff created a new forum. Would be very good for FEBO to start that ball rolling!

I have in my possession Pretty Kit car drawings for E-Bodies I'd love to digitize and post for others to see and use as desired. I'm sure Tig has tons of information even if he doesn't think he's an expert (sorry Tig, you are!).

Just keep in mind, your E-Body race cars running in the 10's and 9's are pretty valuable even if they started life as 318 or slant six cars! But at least you're not destroying an R/T or Cuda! And the younger generations can see what these old cars can do!!

Tig

Reaction score
Thanks but I don't consider myself an expert I just have some experience with my cars and I'm happy to share if it's relevant to the topic
:thumbsup: I'm always happy to learn and I think there are a few more racers on this page, we just don't see them often.
I also think a lot of racers / race vendors have migrated to face book and set up there own page. There are a lot mopar race pages on fb, they are well frequented but you will get all sorts of conflicting answers to any sort of question, some of them are just plain wrong or it's really bad advice so it can confuse a novice. I'll stand corrected if I'm incorrect but others will stubbornly stick to their guns. I prefer dedicated forums such as this but I have seen a decline in footfall on many of them since Fb became popular. Just my two penneth :)

TIMINATOR

Reaction score
The main thing these message boards have in their favor is peer review. It is important that if someone posts a "I heard this guy said it so it must be true," BS statement, he will, and should, get called out on it.
There is a lot of MOPAR talent out there, we need to have a place for it!
I have been dragracing since I was 17, that's about 5 years before bracket "racing" became popular.
I started my Hi Perf. Machine shop and chassis shop in 1988. I decided that Chebbie and Furd shops were everywhere, so I specialized in MOPARS, Pontiac, Cadillac, Studebaker, and other less popular marques. With flowbenchs, dynos (chassis and engine) dedicated soundproofed porting room, cam analyzer,l ultrasonic tester, and generally other equipment most other shops didn't have, I did well. I also had occasional seminars (at 20 bucks a head) to disseminate some of what I learned. Then I wrote for several car and boat magazines until I just ran out of time.
Now, mostly retired, but I still have the equipment, I have the time to play. Somethings have changed, but the laws of physics, airflow, and thermodynamics are still a constant.
My last 9 second street cars were chebbies and were built with used swap meet parts (1988 and 2009). It was too easy.
Now I ended up buying the 72 Challenger ( iron headed 360, mid 11s on street tires and mufflers in 1999) that has been sitting since then.
So now I want to run 9.70s street legal with P/S, P/B, A/C, and whatever it will run with a plate system.
Problem is, there is a lot of new engine and chassis stuff that I haven't used yet since my last few cars were GM. I am hoping for some feedback on the unfamiliar stuff.
Ya need machining or airflow info, mebbie I can help. Chassis stuff too.
I hope we can get a few HP threads going or hopefully our own area.
P.S. I always keep all take off stock parts and will offer them as appropriate.
TIMINATOR

Back