• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Challenger Door Window Up-Stops

terrywalker

Reaction score
I'm getting the doors ready for installing window hardware on the 72 Challenger. I was going to use a different door than what came on the 72. When I looked at the up-stops for the window, the stops that attach to the door sheet metal, the door I was going to use has different mounting for the up-stops. I've included photos. There are 3 different styles I came up with. The 72 has ones that have an attached stud that uses a nut to attach it to the sheet metal on the inside of the door and therefore on the inside of the glass. The 1970/71 has a bolt/nut combo that attaches to the sheet metal on the outside sheet metal and therefore on the outside of the glass. The third style uses the stud/nut combo that looks like it could be used on either the inside or outside of the glass. The door I wanted to use with the stop on the outside of the glass must be a late 71 door as it has the screw in outer window sweep vs the 1970 /early 71 clip in. One other question - the 72 up-stop bracket shows no signs of having a rubber cushion like the other two stops. Should it have a rubber cushion? See photos. These first two photos show the 3 styles. The left one in both photos is from the original 72 doors. The middle one is the one that appears to use some of each style stop. The one on right came from the late 71(?) door.
Thanks.
Terry

Door Glass Upstop 1.jpg

Door Glass Upstop 2.jpg

terrywalker

Reaction score
These next photos show how they attach to the doors. Also note the 72 up-stop is wider than the other two. The first photo shows the late 71(?) door with the stop on the outside of the window. The second photo shows how the 72 up-stop attaches to the inside of the door and is inside the window. My finger is showing the access to the nut. Thank you for any clarification.

Terry W.

Door Upstop 3.jpg

Door Upstop 4.jpg

Back