• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Door handle linkage

Khuotakharma

Reaction score
Hello e buddies......reassembling my doors on my 73 challenger. Door handle rods were originally installed between the door shell and the roller bracket. You can see the wear marks on the bracket. The one rod is trapped between the bracket and shell caution friction and tearing the sleeve. Same way on driver and passenger side. Is this correct or should the rods be behind that bracket (further toward inside
Of door shell)?

Thanks

20231027_182445.jpg

20231011_201247.jpg

20231011_201040.jpg

20240630_124954.jpg

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
Hello e buddies......reassembling my doors on my 73 challenger. Door handle rods were originally installed between the door shell and the roller bracket. You can see the wear marks on the bracket. The one rod is trapped between the bracket and shell caution friction and tearing the sleeve. Same way on driver and passenger side. Is this correct or should the rods be behind that bracket (further toward inside
Of door shell)?

Thanks

View attachment 126223

View attachment 126224

View attachment 126225

View attachment 126226
I do believe they are correctly installed between the bracket and the door. I just disassembled the doors on my 70 Cuda. Car had never been apart before, and mine are the same way....

Khuotakharma

Reaction score
I believe you're right. I honestly don't think mine had ever been apart. Still had the factory linkage sleeve in tact. They do work behind the bracket, so I'm debating which way I'll go. I'd like to keep it factory but that one rod is pinched pretty tight.

Thanks for the reply

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
I believe you're right. I honestly don't think mine had ever been apart. Still had the factory linkage sleeve in tact. They do work behind the bracket, so I'm debating which way I'll go. I'd like to keep it factory but that one rod is pinched pretty tight.

Thanks for the reply
I would keep it as original. If you think it is too tight, you can always bend the bracket away slightly. Should not affect the window operation....

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Here is the diagram for a Barracuda. Clearly shows the linkage rods between the door and brackets just like you thought.
door windowdiagram1 and latch.jpg
Door Window Crank Location BARRACUDA.jpg
Door Window Crank Location CHALLENGER.jpg

EW1BH27

Reaction score
LOL, the "Barracuda" door above is my car in my garage.

Khuotakharma

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures. I'm going to leave them as factory. I'll just relieve the bracket a little. 👍

Back