• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Edelbrock Hemi Heads Vs. TFS 270 Heads

DJOHAGIN

Reaction score
Guys,

On the Ford 460 platform, one of the best wedge heads, Jon Kaase P51 heads, produced 109 hp less than his Boss 429 Hemi heads on a motor that he tried to reduce all other variables down to just a head change. For the Mopar RB, I could not find an answer to compare the Edelbrock Hemi head to a TFS 270 head. Has anyone done this, and how much more power the Hemi can put out in comparison to the wedge head? To compare, 528-572 cubes, 11:1, 270-ish on the intake, single plane intake with Dominator. Thanks.

Dave

Xcudame

Reaction score
Unfortunately you're comparing apples to oranges. A hemi cylinder head will always make more horsepower than a wedge. It's in the design. If I had to guess, I believe the Ford results are very similar for a Mopar engine - ~100hp more for the hemi heads.

I don't intend to make anyone angry, but the second generation Hemi was (is) a race engine. The street hemi built for production cars where detuned and not much faster than the 440 until it got wound up to high rpms (6000+). That rpm range guarantees an unlawful speed on streets, freeways and highways. The crazy unsafe things we used to do!

"Gentlemen, the only way they can beat us now is with a pencil!" Tom Hoover upon seeing the power generated by the 426 hemi.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I agree that Hemi heads will always make more power BUt I am no fan of Edelbrick
For a conversion Stage 5 heads Rule .

Back