• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fender Tag options?

Tony C

Reaction score
I have VIN number and have decoded that information but have no fender tag, is it possible to find out how car was optioned from the factory?

Thanks for the initial feedback; some further background....

The car is a "C code 225ci six" so nothing special. It's had a hit in the front and was incomplete when imported into New Zealand, so I'm not surprised it's missing the fender tag, if only that was all it was missing!!!

It was original paint factory yellow, but I've stripped to shell and had fully sandblasted, either going white (aka Vanishing Point) or Plum Crazy cause it's my favorite on that year.

It looks like it has factory holes for trim which suggested to me it might have been a vinyl top car, hence trying to find out exactly how it came from the factory as I'd like to add to the factory options with things I like, these include the steel crank 440\727\8.75 sure grip from my B body, rallye dash and 15" wheels etc.... so was only going to be a tribute car anyway.

I was just wondering if there was a data base you could put the VIN into and get a factory listing as I've already done this for an Australian Valiant Charger which are the standard Mopar's down here.

Last edited:

pschlosser

Reaction score
Not easily without documentation (that means a Broadcast Sheet). When owning a car in this situation, some choose to option the car as they choose.

sixpactogo

Reaction score
If the fender tag is missing there is a more than good chance that someone has tampered with it at some time. The only other way I know of is to locate the build sheet. Not sure what vehicle you are dealing with but a lot of the build sheets were located under the seat between the spring and burlap. Others have been found under the glove box and some even under the carpet. I have never been lucky enough to find one that was intact and not chewed up by mice. Good luck!

Last edited:

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
If you list the vin it can be searched. Some info collectors have tag and broadcast sheet information.
There is another gentleman who listed his vin recently and received a picture of his fender tag from a pic collector. Thus allowing him to recreate his car if he chooses.
Post a picture of the vin and maybe you will get lucky.
Being a BH 70 I am curious if it has these holes on the front of the rear quarter.

7.jpg

Steve340

Reaction score
Just go ahead and put in what you want. I assume from the post no broadcast sheet either, so not much to go on with how the car was optioned new.
I guess a six cylinder car was purchased on a budget originally and had few options anyway.
Once you build it all up a fender tag does not really matter much anyway considering you will likely change many components anyway.

Tony C

Reaction score
VIN # JH23C0E133754
Car line - J - dodge challenger
Price class - H - high price class
Body type - 23 - 2 door hardtop
Engine - C (225 145hp 1bbl 6cyl)
Model year - 0 - 1970
Production plant - E - Los Angeles CA Assembly Plant
Sequence Number - 133754

pschlosser

Reaction score
If it's an L.A.-made car (E=Los Angeles) I know from experience that Broadcast Sheets are a rare find. They did not stuff them into interior seats like they did at other plants.

cudamark

Reaction score
Just go ahead and put in what you want. I assume from the post no broadcast sheet either, so not much to go on with how the car was optioned new.
I guess a six cylinder car was purchased on a budget originally and had few options anyway.
Once you build it all up a fender tag does not really matter much anyway considering you will likely change many components anyway.
Not always the case. I used to have a '70 Inviolet Gran Coupe 225 auto with buckets, console, P/S and more.....wish now I had fiixed that car. Not a stitch of rust, just front end damage.

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
Sorry, wrong car, vin date from memory.
Feb build date. I'll double check my 0E133xxx
2-20 or 2-21

Last edited:

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
I love this, where can I get a fender tag like this made up?
There’s a guy on Facebook that was making them and selling them. I will try to find his information and post it unless you come across it first.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score

No reference or experience with this person. Just an add I saw that I figured I might try at some point.

can make Mopar fender tags. Cuda, Challenger, Charger, Roadrunner, GTX, Hemi 426, 440-6 Six Pack, 383. 340-6 , 340,
318.I am coming to Mopar Nats.

1-855-Tagss4U
1-855-824-7748

moparlee

Reaction score
[/URL]

No reference or experience with this person. Just an add I saw that I figured I might try at some point.

can make Mopar fender tags. Cuda, Challenger, Charger, Roadrunner, GTX, Hemi 426, 440-6 Six Pack, 383. 340-6 , 340,
318.I am coming to Mopar Nats.

1-855-Tagss4U
1-855-824-7748
I can see plenty of fake tags being made up if this guy doesn't require a copy of a build sheet.

Back