• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Gen 3 Hemi moto mounts - best option?

TripleBlk70

Reaction score
I'm putting a 392 hemi in my 70 challenger convertible and at the point where I need to buy motor mounts, trans crossmember etc. I saw these Mancini Racing mounts which look functional but I know there's lots of other options. I plan to use the stock k-member and will do some boxing and strengthening of it based on what I've seen others do.

I'd like to hear from people who have "been there, done that", what's good and why did you like it?

ItsJustMe

Reaction score
I'm putting a 392 hemi in my 70 challenger convertible and at the point where I need to buy motor mounts, trans crossmember etc. I saw these Mancini Racing mounts which look functional but I know there's lots of other options. I plan to use the stock k-member and will do some boxing and strengthening of it based on what I've seen others do.

I'd like to hear from people who have "been there, done that", what's good and why did you like it?
I have used the Holley mounts and have done the RMS front setup (mounts moved forward 1 inch to clear HP70). Both work fine but have you seen these new ones from USCT? They seem pretty bad ass. Pair them with one of their transmission mounts and get all the clearance you need.

USCTAM2047-Gen3 Hemi Swap Mount kit to OEM K-frame B C E Bod

Xcudame

Reaction score
There are several options out there and others who have done it will weigh in. I do want to mention that Mancini stands by their products. They are one of the original Direct Connection (Mopar Performance) suppliers out there. Their longevity says something.

heminut

Reaction score
I did my swap back when only a few had been done. The only mount adapters available back then were the TTI adaptors so that is what I used, along with the TTI headers. It was a bolt in deal for me, no mods to the sock K member or transmission cross member and stock trans mount using a TF727. I also used the 45 degree oil filter adapter (I believe it came stock on the 5.7 hemis in the Grand Cherokee).

Xcudame

Reaction score
Heminut, I was hoping you'd respond as I know you did the third gen hemi swap.

If going the TTI route, all their parts will work together. If using a different component somewhere, don't hesitate to call whoever you go with. The businesses mentioned so far will answer all your questions. Plus it's fun talking with these guys. They really do enjoy it!

TripleBlk70

Reaction score
Great info and advice and thanks to all. I realize now the "Mancini" link I shared was actually for the USCT mounts which look really decent. I'm also going to lok at the TTI stuff because I like the idea of going with a brand and sticking with it for the sake of continuity and having everything work together.

Back