• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

got duel exhaust

74 challenger

Reaction score
Today i finally got my duel exhaust on my car.What a differance it sounds like a MOPAR.Its only a 318 but sounds awesome.Just want to thank all who explained to me about the manifolds and set me straight,didnt want to go with headers do to wires,starter and collecter gaskets.

74 challenger

Reaction score
just used my stock,I figured save my money and decide what i can afford for a engine.My wife is tired of seeing the car sit , she wants me to drive it.

Surfcuda

Reaction score
Today i finally got my duel exhaust on my car.What a differance it sounds like a MOPAR.Its only a 318 but sounds awesome.Just want to thank all who explained to me about the manifolds and set me straight,didnt want to go with headers do to wires,starter and collecter gaskets.
Hi, I'm wanting to do exactly what you did with your 318 exhaust. Please let me know what you did from the stock OEM manifold back. Size of pipe used, H or X cross overs, etc.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
To start are the manifolds stock. That's what you have to match the head pipes to. You can do X , H pipe but not stock on the small block. It's a matter of preference. For dual exhaust the driver's side mounting bracket for resonator and muffler hangers will have to be installed. All depending if your installing a complete factory exhaust. L-R head pipe, resonators Driver side hanger mount, L -R hangers, over axle pipes mufflers and L- R trunk mount bracket and hangers. And of course clamps.
Complete E Body Exhaust Systems

Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 14-22-58 70-74 E Body Small Block 318_340_360 Complete Exhaust System.png

Last edited:

Surfcuda

Reaction score
To start are the manifolds stock. That's what you have to match the head pipes to. You can do X , H pipe but not stock on the small block. It's a matter of preference. For dual exhaust the driver's side mounting bracket for resonator and muffler hangers will have to be installed. All depending if your installing a complete factory exhaust. L-R head pipe, resonators Driver side hanger mount, L -R hangers, over axle pipes mufflers and L- R trunk mount bracket and hangers. And of course clamps.
Complete E Body Exhaust Systems

View attachment 126841
Thank you for info. Would Love to see how 74 Challenger’s dual system was designed.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Two cylinder heads deserve two exhaust pipes! 318 engines do very well to modifications like dual exhaust and a four barrel carb! And the stock 340/360hp cam does well in the stock 318!

Surfcuda

Reaction score
Two cylinder heads deserve two exhaust pipes! 318 engines do very well to modifications like dual exhaust and a four barrel carb! And the stock 340/360hp cam does well in the stock 318!
Great info, I want to keep the Fish with the matching numbers engine but get that American Muscle Sound. Thank you.

Back