• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Greetings all

marshrule

Reaction score
New member here, working on a 1973 cuda 340 numbers matching bucket seat column shift automatic white exterior black interior car

IMG_4576.jpeg

IMG_4561.jpeg

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Except for valve cover, hoses and hose clamps, you 73 Cuda 340 looks pretty original!! Original paint?

marshrule

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Except for valve cover, hoses and hose clamps, you 73 Cuda 340 looks pretty original!! Original paint?
The valve covers suck and i hate them lol the intake was repainted when someone replaced the water pump at some point (terrible job) but other than that yes and its got hp manifolds which assuredly aren’t original but pistons and cam appear to be oem

IMG_2551.jpeg

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Nice hot rod. Welcome to the show. If ya go with roller rockers and ya ain't concerned about authenticity, I got a nice set of valve covers for ya.

Xcudame

Reaction score
So the exterior paint is original? Still looks like a lot of original stuff under the hood that can be seen in the one photo. And it's only original once! Find some stock valve covers but use the reusable silicon fiberglass (or similar) gaskets that are less prone to leaking! Cool Cuda.

marshrule

Reaction score
So the exterior paint is original? Still looks like a lot of original stuff under the hood that can be seen in the one photo. And it's only original once! Find some stock valve covers but use the reusable silicon fiberglass (or similar) gaskets that are less prone to leaking! Cool Cuda.

[/URL]
The exterior paint was done in 1982 just on outside no jams or engine bay… i want to be as original as possible.

BriceRoad

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I love your car! Looks great! My first Mopar was a '73 Barracuda.

moparleo

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. Nice car.
I would also get the proper fan shroud. Can't tell about the blade. Perfect time to also do the cooling system. rod out radiator, proper 190° thermostat, 16 lb cap.
Service manual link for a free download. Dodge and Plymouth mechanicals will be the same if your year is missing.
Service Manuals – MyMopar

marshrule

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. Nice car.
I would also get the proper fan shroud. Can't tell about the blade. Perfect time to also do the cooling system. rod out radiator, proper 190° thermostat, 16 lb cap.
Service manual link for a free download. Dodge and Plymouth mechanicals will be the same if your year i
Service Manuals – MyMopar
I actually just bought a nos shroud and fan clutch assembly.

Back