• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hagerty or Grundy??

fasjac

Reaction score
235.00 per year with Shelter.
Comp, collision, and everything for 65k replacement value.
I do have all vehicles and homes with them for 30 years. Good business folks.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Ever have a claim with State Farm??

Yes, the was a time I was getting on the freeway (traffic moving at full speed) and the moron in front of me stopped on the on ramp! Needless to say, I bumped her rear bumper at about 5 mph. She claimed severe neck injury. When State Farms told me this, I told her there was not even a stracth on my car. Took my car into the State Farm office, the lady took a couple of pictures for evidence and, "We'll take care of the for you!" Premiums never went up and that was that.

Also wound up hitting a woman who ran a red light which totaled the 95 Neon I was driving. State Farms gave me a very fair amount of cash for that little Neon.

mjb765

Reaction score
Yes, the was a time I was getting on the freeway (traffic moving at full speed) and the moron in front of me stopped on the on ramp! Needless to say, I bumped her rear bumper at about 5 mph. She claimed severe neck injury. When State Farms told me this, I told her there was not even a stracth on my car. Took my car into the State Farm office, the lady took a couple of pictures for evidence and, "We'll take care of the for you!" Premiums never went up and that was that.

Also wound up hitting a woman who ran a red light which totaled the 95 Neon I was driving. State Farms gave me a very fair amount of cash for that little Neon.
I was curious about a classic car claim.....but thank you.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Sorry, first story was my 70 Challenger. I had no damage that time.

However, I remember now a time when a lady rear ended my Challenger (Pictures of it around this site somewhere) State Farm cut me a check to get it fixed and went after her insurance. I bought a new rear valance and factory exhaust tips for it with the insurance money. I still haven't painted it.

IMG_20240422_164458109.jpg

heminut

Reaction score
I had the same issue with Hagerty after the family sold the company, prices kept going up every year. I have all my other vehicles and home insured with State Farm and when I found out they had classic car insurance I switched the Cuda over to them. Same coverage, same declared value and half the cost. I've had State Farm for years and had a few claims over the years and never had a problem. Biggest one was a new roof on my 40" RV after I got into a tree limb. Over $7k and they never batted an eye, just said "go ahead and get it fixed!"

mjb765

Reaction score
I had the same issue with Hagerty after the family sold the company, prices kept going up every year. I have all my other vehicles and home insured with State Farm and when I found out they had classic car insurance I switched the Cuda over to them. Same coverage, same declared value and half the cost. I've had State Farm for years and had a few claims over the years and never had a problem. Biggest one was a new roof on my 40" RV after I got into a tree limb. Over $7k and they never batted an eye, just said "go ahead and get it fixed!"
Thanks....I am going with State Farm....I have my 2 other vehicles and the house with them already. I also like that there is a local agent's office instead of just an 800 number......

Back