• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Heater box removal

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Im going to pull the heater box out i've never done one. I know the 3 nuts on the engine compartment firewall and I was told a J bolt on the right side im not sure where that is but is there any other securing points I should know about or will it pull out.? Also is the ground- grounded inside the body or to one of the 3 nuts in the engine compartment mine is inside my engine compartment when I look in but ive also seen it on the engine compartment nut where is correct. Thanks

terrywalker

Reaction score
I have removed several heater boxes and the 3 nuts and j bolt are all I have had to remove other than the door control cables, heater hoses and the electrical plugs. I do have a photo of the ground connection on my 72 as the box isn't installed yet and it's put together exactly how it was removed.
Terry W.

Heater Ground Connection.jpg

Last edited:

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Thanks so much now I got it- the jay hook is threaded and only the mounting nut is visible he pictures explained it all. I did goole it but it all came up as AC boxes and from what im told there more complicated

KennyCuda

Reaction score
ok will do thanks does anyone sell them where there in stock just in case

Back