• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

KICKDOWN CABLE ADVICE

Weldguy

Reaction score
I'm going to need to buy a Kickdown Cable Kit for my '70 R/T (440). There seems to be a BIG price difference between the Lokar Kit at $130 and several others below $50. Does anyone have any experience with the less expensive ones, or is it "You get what you pay for?"

Xcudame

Reaction score
Lokar is known to work well. Hanging from a cliff by a rope, would you want a $50 rope or $130 rope? 😁

Personally I just love the three piece rod and lever kickdown linkage, but that's just my preference.

Katfish

Reaction score
Check out Bouchillon, probably even more than Lokar, but without a doubt the best.
They duplicate the factory system on the later cars.

moparleo

Reaction score
Shopping for the cheapest price usually ends up being the most expensive in lost time and money. You end up buying the better one in the end.
Remember an old saying " The Quality is remembered long after the cost is forgotten."

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Lokar is known to work well. Hanging from a cliff by a rope, would you want a $50 rope or $130 rope? 😁

Personally I just love the three piece rod and lever kickdown linkage, but that's just my preference.

Shopping for the cheapest price usually ends up being the most expensive in lost time and money. You end up buying the better one in the end.
Remember an old saying " The Quality is remembered long after the cost is forgotten."

IMG_0172.gif

heminut

Reaction score
Personally, I think Bouchillon stuff is overpriced! I've had the Lokar kickdown cable on my Cuda for 20 years and never had a problem with it.

Katfish

Reaction score
There’s no denying Bouchillon is extremely proud of their stuff. But it’s generally head and shoulders above other’s offerings. I’d place them in the same category as TTI.

Weldguy

Reaction score
There’s no denying Bouchillon is extremely proud of their stuff. But it’s generally head and shoulders above other’s offerings. I’d place them in the same category as TTI.
OK. I've joined this group for the best advice on resurrecting the car I've owned for 42 years now. At 76 years old, I don't have much time left to redo mistakes. LOL
Bouchillon it is, just like to recommended TTI headers on order.
Thank you... as usual.

Back